Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of December 13th
Colerain Holiday Spirit Week Dec 13th - 17th
- Monday - Rainbow Day
- Tuesday - Crazy Hair Day
- Wednesday - Silly Shirt/Sweater Day
- Thursday - Winter Wonderland Day
- Friday - PJ Day
- Lunch Menu - see file posted below
- COVID Vaccines Dose #1 (for students who registered) - Monday, December 13th - Friday, December 17th
- 30-Minute Early Release - Friday, December 17th - all students will be released at 3p on this day.
- Colerain "Winter Celebration" - Friday, December 17th - all Colerain students will get a gift and participate in Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanza activities.
- NO SCHOOL (Holiday Break) - Monday, December 20th - Friday, December 31st.
Watch Colerain's Morning Announcements
- Social emotional learning lesson
- Lunch Menu
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Reading & Math Word of the Day
- The "3Bs"
To watch go here: https://classroom.google.com/c/NDQxNDY5MzEwNDk1?cjc=dfhhe5x
Class Code: dfhhe5x
Daily Announcements will be posted in the Classroom "Stream" under that day's date (e.g. "12/8")
Colerain Winter Concert
COLERAIN WINTER CONCERT VIDEOS
4th & 5th Grade Strings: https://youtu.be/ykiPkTiUC70
4th & 5th Grade Band: https://youtu.be/wxOyKfoUz0U
4th & 5th Grade Vocals: https://youtu.be/Emr_RMd6Ksk
2nd & 3rd Grade Vocals: https://youtu.be/MlPfJueI6c0
K & 1st Grade Vocals: https://youtu.be/VVIAiUBlKE4
Please excuse any sound/video issues. We are limited on our technology.
PBIS Tier I Practices - "Student Leadership Academy"
Students are given the opportunity to be voted into the Student Leadership Academy by writing an essay explaining why they should be elected. They then read their essays during an all school assembly. All students are given a ballot and the candidates are voted on.
Those elected come together once a month or more and make decisions on ways to better the school environment. For example: many students participated in the Whetstone Homecoming Parade; the students run the school store by taking inventory, “selling” the items in the store, etc. Having an incentive week meaning each day would be something special such as Hat Day, Pajama Day, Backwards Day, Crazy Hair Day, etc.
Remarkable Readers Program
Tutoring includes helping with homework/essays/projects and reading/writing comprehension. Sessions will be via zoom and are scheduled to start in January 2022.
To register (or ask questions), please email: email@example.com and include your name, your student's name, their grade, and school.
- Ohio Department of Health: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Columbus Public Health: https://www.columbus.gov/c19vax/
- Children's Hospital: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/covid-19/vaccine
- Your Pediatrician: call them to see if they are providing vaccines yet
- ***NEW: Black Mental Health: http://blackmentalhealthohio.com/columbus/
- ***NEW: Tutoring Resources: https://www.ccsoh.us/cms/lib/OH01913306/Centricity/Domain/2901/21-22%20Tutoring%20Resources%20A.pdf
- Ohio Hispanic Coalition - After School Program - see flyer below
- Action for Children - is the local child care resource and referral agency for Central Ohio; serving Columbus and Franklin County.
FREE Legal Help - https://cair-ohio.com/request-legal-help
LSS 211- CONNECTING NEIGHBORS TO RESOURCES
- ***NEW: FREE WINTER CAMPS - https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/columbusrecparks/activity/search?onlineSiteId=0&locale=en-US&activity_select_param=3&activity_keyword=school%20out&viewMode=list
- ***NEW: WINTER CAMPS (various fees) - https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/columbusrecparks/activity/search?onlineSiteId=0&locale=en-US&activity_select_param=3&activity_keyword=winter%20camp&viewMode=list
- Charity Newsies Clothing Program - applications are open!
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.