Mrs. Stephens' class
WHAT WILL WE BEEN LEARNING NEXT WEEK?
- In reader's workshop next week, we will be learning how great readers choose a book and how we treat our books. We will also talk about our classroom library expectations and continue building our reading stamina.
- In writer's workshop next week, we will continue our launching unit for writing workshop. We will learn how writer's stretch out their words to help them and how writers can write even hard to write ideas.
- In math next week, we continue our geometry unit. We have been learning about identifying 2-D shapes this week.
- In science next week, we will be learning about the five senses.
LUNCH VIP VISITORS STARTING NEXT WEEK!
You are welcome to begin coming to eat lunch with your child next week. We ask that when you come, your child may choose only 1 friend to sit with them at the VIP tables. Thank you for helping us not have hurt feelings by only choosing 1 child! Also, please remember you are not allowed to bring another child food due to district policy.
We have been working really hard on building our independence these last two weeks and will continue to do so throughout the year. We hope that you can join us periodically for lunch, but we ask that you limit it to only a couple times a month at the most. This really helps your child build independence! Thanks for helping with this!
GUIDED READING AND HOMEWORK
We have had a few questions regarding the start of guided reading and homework. We are in the process of assessing all of our students and once we are finished, which will be the end of September, we will start guided reading groups. We just ask that you please read with your child nightly for at least 10 minutes.
Dates to Remember
- Sept 7-NO SCHOOL
- Sept 23- Picture Day!
- Sept 28- Mom's Night Out
- Sept 29- Curriculum Night