CMSS MONDAY MESSAGE...
February 25, 2019
RESPECT, EXPLORE, ACHIEVE, LEAD
MATH CLASSROOM WALK-THROUGH
Be sure to have learning target posted.
Message from the Boss...
New information and reminders:
- I will be sending out information on 2019 Back to School Days and summer PD information soon. Everyone is a little different just because of RISE/SOR training pieces. I will make sure all understand their responsibility for training.
- Be sure to monitor hallways during transitions. Lots of shenanigans occur during those transition times. Adults being present will help in keeping the shenanigans down, especially in the bathrooms.
- We are finding students hiding in the bathrooms during W2I. We have created a strategic plan to check restrooms once the bell rings to go to W2I. I need to ask that for a week you wait until after announcements to allow students to go to the restroom, unless it is an emergency. They need to check in with you and after announcements before going to the restroom.
- WATER BOTTLES-- Be sure to remind students that no plastic water bottles, Coke bottles, Mt. Dew, etc. out at recess. All of these items need to be thrown away. If they have a water container then they need to put in a lunch box or have their names on them.
- Be sure to look over the schedule for Grease. It is going to be a different kind of day but fun!
- Be sure to go over expectations of behavior for attending a play. Your Monday Advisory lesson should be that focus. Talk about the do's and don'ts of proper behavior, how to appropriately react, clap, respect of the students performing, if a student messes up in the performance how to react appropriately, and all the other numerous expectations. Make the advisory lesson fun not demanding of expectations.
Spring 2019 Parent & Teacher Conferences
Tuesday, March 12th District Dismissal at 2:00 p.m.
Conferences 2:45 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 14th District Dismissal at 2:00 p.m
Conferences 2:45 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday, March 15th District Closed
Here is the link to be able to nominate teachers and/or staff members for R.E.A.L. Panther!
WEATHER CHANGES- IT'S GOING TO GET COLD!
Cooler weather seems to have arrived, and cold weather will soon be the norm. Keep a watch for students that are coming to school each day without an appropriate jacket/coat, socks, and/or shoes. Please make sure that you contact Mrs. True, Mrs. Terrell or myself to get proper weather attire.
FROM THE CAFETERIA
Please remember to notify the cafeteria manager of any field trips that will be taking kiddos out of lunches so I can make the appropriate changes to our counts.
Also IF sack lunches will be needed the cafeteria manager needs to know approximately how many will need a lunch- including bus drivers and teachers at least 3 weeks before the field trip to order in sack lunch foods.
The morning of the field trip or the day before a field trip a final count and the names of those receiving the lunch will be needed. This is for accounting purposes and allergies.
Thanks so much!
**Field Trips need to be requested as normal. Please make sure the correct date format is used. For example, 01/01/2019. We need accurate counts for students and teachers. Please do not estimate. We need to be notified at least a week in advance of any changes to the number of riders.
**We are only able to provide five drivers per day. Once we have reached our limit for a particular day, field trips will be closed.
**Trips should be scheduled to leave no earlier than 8:30AM. ALL trips should return to the school before 2:00PM. These times will allow for potential traffic delays.
**Incidental fees (i.e. Entrance or admittance fees) for drivers will be be covered by the school or a receipt(s) from the driver to be reimbursed will be sent to the building principal for processing.
**If more buses are requested than are needed and a driver has already been scheduled for the trip, the school will be responsible for the pay of the extra driver.
**Teachers/Sponsors are responsible for the behavior of the students while on the trip. Students and staff need to remain seated while the bus is moving.
**Teachers/Sponsors need to check the bus at the end of the trip to make sure their students have not left personal items, such as backpacks, instruments, cell phones, or trash on the bus.
Here is the link for the Teacher Handbook. Let me know if you have any questions.
SPRING CLUB DATES
May 17 (last day of clubs)
NO clubs on Jan. 4 (short week), March 15 (no school), March 22 (no school), April 5 (ACT Aspire prep), April 12 (ACT Aspire), April 26 (Track and Field), May 3 (Track and Field Make Up), and May 10 (Space Day).
RED WEEKS/ WHITE WEEKS
WHITE WEEK...February 25- March 1
RED WEEK...March 4-8
WHITE WEEK...March 11-15
RED WEEK...March 25-29
WHITE WEEK...April 1-5
RED WEEK...April 8-12
WHITE WEEK...April 15-19
RED WEEK...April 22-26
WHITE WEEK...April 29- May 3
RED WEEK...May 6-10
WHITE WEEK...May 13-17
RED WEEK...May 20-23
25-March 1 JHS Registration
28- Spring Pictures
4- Faculty Meeting
5- Fire Drill
6- BMI/Scoliosis 6th grade
12- P/T Conferences
14- P/T conferences
15- No School
March 18-22 Spring Break
25-29 6th grade Bowling Unit- All-Fam Bowling during Essential Times
28- Team Pictures
1- Faculty Meeting
3- Fire Drill
4- 5th grade REAL Panther Assembly
5- 6th grade REAL Panther Assembly
April 8-12 ACT Aspire Testing
15- High School Flag Presentation 5th grade 9:00- 10:00 6th grade 1:30-2:30
24- Secretary's Day
25- 5th grade Track and Field
26- 5th grade PRIDE Celebration at Cabot High School
6th grade Track and Field
3- Fire Drill
6- Faculty Meeting
6-10 Teacher Appreciation Week
10- Space Camp/Space Day
16- 5th grade REAL Panther Assembly
17- 6th grade REAL Panther Assembly
23- Last Day of School
Getting signed up for Remind 101
Text @cmssouth to 81010
For Parents and Guardians:
Text @mssparent to 81010