Nixon School - Family Check In
Week of September 12, 2021
- Thursday, Septmeber 23 - Back to School Night (7 - 8:30 PM)
- Monday, September 27 - PTA Ashley Farm Pie Sale Begins
- Friday, October 1 - Picture Day
- Monday & Tuesday, October 4 & 5 - NJ Start Strong Assessment (Grade 4 ONLY)
- Monday, October 11 - No School for Students / PD Day for Staff (Columbus Day / Indigenous People's Day)
Back to School Night
This year's Back to School Night will feature an in person opportunity to visit your child's classroom, while receiving information generally presented in our general session via a pre-recorded message shared via email by next Wednesday. To ensure a safe and informative experience for all, we will proceed with the following in mind...
Linked here is the agenda and timeline for this year's in person Back to School Night.
In an effort to minimize the number of guests in our classrooms, we, as a district, are requesting that only one parent/guardian per child attend our Back to School Night program. Children should NOT attend this evening event.
In addition, as per the Governor’s Executive Order 251, all guests will be required to wear a face mask while inside the school building.
We appreciate our families’ cooperation with our request and state mandates to ensure that all of our guests stay safe and are able to enjoy the evening with the faculty and staff at Nixon School.
School Security Drill
We are asking everyone to do their part in helping to keep our school community healthy. As a result, if your child has a fever, (productive) cough, or runny nose, please keep them home until they feel better. Please do not provide your child with fever reducing medication in hopes that they can make it through the day.
Also, pllease remember to have ....
- Clean, extra masks in your child's backpack.
- A Water bottle and snack.
- Your child wear appropriate (closed back and rubber soled) shoes so that they can safely enjoy Physical Education class and recess.
Know Someone at NES Who Has Filled a Bucket? Fill Out our Bucket Filler Form and we will recognize that individual (student or staff member) during Morning Announcements.