Week of 5.22.2023
Principal's Weekly Message
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
I can't believe the date of this newsletter is May, 22! We have about 18 school days left before summer break and time is flying by! This week our Student Council visited the Hatfield Food Pantry where they learned more about this wonderful community organization. Our ESL students took a trip to a nearby farm and our 3rd grade students spent time observing and learning about crayfish in Science. We also held our Literacy Night here at Hatfield. We had approximately 150 guests and lots of fun activities! Thank you to Mrs. Cohen, Mrs. Welch, and all our volunteers for organizing the fun around everyone's favorite Rainbow Fish theme! On Thursday we were entertained by some amazing musicians at our Strings Assembly. A wonderful job was done by all and thank you to Mrs. Cohen for all of your hard work! Lastly, a huge congratulations to all of our IronKnights triathlon participants...we know it was a ton of hard work and you made us all very proud! Great Job!
On Tuesday this week, our fourth grade gifted support students will be visiting Fischer's Park and we have our H&S Meeting beginning at 7:00 PM right here at Hatfield. Dr. Bauer will be attending and we hope to see many of you as well! On Wednesday, our students are invited to the Hatfield Cultural Assembly organized by our our CP&E Committee along with many students and families! I have heard so much about this wonderful event and can't wait to see and learn more about our HF families! Thursday we have our final PBIS assembly for the year and on Friday our much anticipated OLYMPIC DAY! Keep your fingers crossed for great weather and stay tuned for more information to come home this week!
Keep soaring above and beyond,
Knight of the Arts Art Show 2023
- If you have never been to the "Knight of the Arts" at NPHS it is a MUST SEE EVENT! The talent will amaze. It is free to the public and Kona Ice will be there both nights. Some family favorites have been student demonstrations, live music, and interactive events for littles. T-shirts are sold along with small art trinkets like magnets. All proceeds go to the Art Scholarship! More information can be found by clicking this link:
Princess and the Frog
- Hello Families! I wanted to let you all know that this week, May 22nd-26th, our music classes will be watching a movie called Princess and the Frog (rated G) in class to learn more about the music in the movie. Students will also be answering questions about the music which are in both English and Spanish. If there are any questions or issues please reach out to me at email@example.com Thank you so much and have a good rest of the week. -Mrs. Labovitz
Hatfield Movie Night!
- Hatfield Elementary’s Spring Movie Night will take place on Friday, June 2! We always look forward to this fun night, but we can’t do it without your support. Please consider signing up to donate snack items and/or to volunteer at the event. As always, we appreciate all that you do for Home and School and your help in making these events possible! Please contact Jen Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Donation Sign-Up - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48A4A72FA5FDC61-movie2
- Volunteer Sign-Up - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48A4A72FA5FDC61-movie3
Coffee and Conversation with Grandparents
- Are you raising a grandchild, interested in sharing your experiences or learning more about how to navigate school? JOIN US FOR COFFEE & CONVERSATION Wednesday, May 31, 2023 6:30-7:45 PM North Penn Educational Service Center 401 E Hancock Street Lansdale, PA RSVP & Information: Pam Hart, Director of Curriculum & Equity Email @ email@example.com or Call: 215-853-1060
- Kinder registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! To learn more or get started, visit the Kindergarten website
- NP High School Renovation Video: See the amazing video, created by Mr. Gillmer, by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJm1SnGZiM
- This is a friendly reminder that if you drop your child off in the morning, you must use the parking lot by the playground. The car drop off line ensures the safety of our students. Please do not drop your child off in the bus lot. Also, please remember we are no longer using door #3 (old car rider door) for arrival. Students who utilized that door should now enter from the main entrance doors. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
- Please remind your child that they are not permitted to bring sports equipment (basketballs, footballs, etc.) from home for use at dismissal. If they have teacher permission for recess, the equipment must remain in bookbags until that time and returned after recess. Students are lingering on campus after dismissal to play with friends and we are directing them instead, to head home immediately. Thank you in advance for your help with this.
5/01 School Lunch Super Hero Day
5/01 PSSA Testing (continues through 5/5)
5/08 Staff Appreciation Week (continues through 5/12)
5/16 Teacher In-service; No school for students
5/17 Hatfield Literacy Night
5/20 IronKnights Triathlon
5/23 Hatfield Home and School Meeting
5/24 Knight of the Arts (NPHS K-12 Art Show)
5/26 Olympic Day
5/29 Memorial Day
Our Hatfield HAWKS continue to SOAR by following our HAWKS pledge daily at school! Continue to be on the lookout for HAWK feathers your child may come home with. Each month we celebrate with a school wide assembly. The more feathers a student earns, the better their chances are to be chosen to participate in exciting assembly activities! Your child also has an opportunity each month to be chosen as a Golden Hawk where they have the opportunity to sit in our special VIP section! Please continue to encourage your child to SOAR as a Hatfield HAWK!
Home and School Information
VP Special Events - We are looking for a parent(s) to chair our Special Events board position. This person will be responsible for gathering a Committee for each event and ensuring all action items are met for a successful event. This position can be one person or it can be shared with another as Co-VPs.
- Upcoming Dine & Donate Events
- Next Home & School Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 5/23/22. Dr. Bauer will be presenting an update on the High School Renovation.
If you are interested in volunteering at an event, please make sure to have your clearances. Here is more information on the documentation needed to volunteer in the North Penn School District.
If you have any Home and School questions feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information be sure to check out our Hatfield Elementary Home and School Association Facebook page.
Hatfield Staff Spotlight!
This week our staff spotlight is on Mrs. Carolyn Honeyman, one of Hatfield’s finest second grade teachers! Mrs. Honeyman has been here at Hatfield for 16 years. She has two children who keep her weekends and summers busy with baseball, swim meets, and track meets. Some things she loves about Hatfield are the students’ friendly faces and the way the staff comes together to help each other out when it is needed!
- If your child rides a bike to school, PLEASE remind them that they must wear a helmet. We are noticing that more and more students are not wearing one and of course, their safety is our concern. Thank you for your help with this.
- A slight change has been made to two of our busses. Please remind your child (if this applies) that bus 151 (orange) is now 26 and Bus 112 (blue) is now 151. We have been reminding students here at school as well.
Please send your children to school with appropriate clothing for the temperature outside. The district policy states that classes will not go out for recess if the wind chill is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless a doctor's note is turned into the office students will be required to go outside with their class.
If your child will be absent for the day please let us know. You can either: email Mrs. Mandes at email@example.com OR call 215-853-1470 OR through the Hatfield website: https://hatfield.npenn.org/attendance. All absences will be marked as unexcused unless we are notified.
The district launched the Here Comes The Bus App. The app went live on January 9th. The app will be used to let parents know when their child’s bus is within a certain radius of the bus stop. Here is the communication sent out by the district. If your student is a bus rider, their ID should go home and come back to school every day. Please take the HCTB survey!
From Mrs. Ball: For the safety of your child, sneakers are required for students to actively participate in Physical Education (Gym) class. It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist your child in remembering to wear or bring sneakers to school on their designated PE day.
Hatfield Elementary School
The mission of Hatfield Elementary School is to encourage all students to aspire above and beyond in the areas of: Academic Achievement, Respect for Diversity, Community Involvement, and Individual Responsibility.