Garfield Principal Letter & More!
In This Edition
- 2022-2023 Principal Welcome Letter
- Meet Rachael Williams: Art!
- Meet & Greet Registration (if you plan on attending, click here to register)
- School Parent Organization Sign Up
- Student Dress Expectations
- Classroom Supply Lists REMINDER
- August & September Events REMINDER
- Meet Lindsey Toth: 5th Grade!
- First Week of School Information
- Classroom Assignments & Student Schedules
- and More!
2022-2023 Principal Welcome Letter
Meet Rachael Williams!
School Parent Organization (SPO)
Student Dress Expectations
The responsibility for the dress and appearance of a student rests primarily with the student and their parents or guardians. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment, the district believes in the following basic principles:
- All students are encouraged to dress in a manner that is appropriate, comfortable and conducive to an active academic school day.
- Students should be able to wear clothing without fear of or actual unnecessary discipline or body shaming.
- The student dress code should serve to support all students to develop a body-positive self-image.
- The district standard dress and appearance policy is gender neutral and applies to all students equally regardless of gender on school campuses and at school-sponsored functions and will be enforced consistently and fairly by all members of the school staff.
To read the rest of the Student Dress Expectations, including examples of inappropriate clothing and potential consequences, please click here.
August & September Events
- 8/19: Meet & Greet, 4p-6p
- 8/22: First Day of School (1st-8th). Arrival: 8:10a-8:30a
- 8/26: First Day of Kindergarten. Arrival: 8:10a-8:30a
- 9/2: First Day of PreSchool
- 9/5: Labor Day: No School for Students & Staff
- 9/6: After School Programs Begin
- 9/13: Principal's Tea & Coffee
- 9/15: Open House & 8th Grade Parent Night
- 9/22: Father's Walk
- 9/22: Math Night
- 9/23: Professional Development Day: No School for Students