Hilltop Herald - Parent Edition
Be Respectful ~ Be Responsible ~ Be Resilient
Volume 1 ~ Issue 1 ~ July 20, 2022
Wonderful Falcon Families,
"Excellence is not attained by chance; it must be sought for and attended to with diligence." ~Abigail Adams~
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year. I am excited to serve as your principal starting this year. I hope that you will partner with me and all the staff to ensure that we are delivering what we promised to you. Below, is an image of me with my top five strengths. At our next meeting, I will share what that all means and how these strengths shape my leadership style.
Tomorrow is an exciting day. First day is always hard for parents, especially when your child is moving up one grade level. In this case, you are also transferring your child to a new district. It is so overwhelming. All I can tell you is to take deep breaths and remain calm, which is hard to do BUT also necessary. New Falcon Parents, I am thinking of you as you start your journey in middle school. Get ready for the wildest ride of your parenting lives.
As we start the year, I want to remind all of us to be kind in how we drop off and pick up our students. Parents, to avoid hassles, please bring your child to school early. School gates are open at 7:00am. Only students will be allowed to enter the campus. If you need to talk to someone, please park at the east parking lot and walk to the main office. Also, please honor the bus driveway by not driving through it. It makes our bus drop-off that much more dangerous when cars other than staff drive through it. Thank you for honoring this request.
Again, this year, all students will be able to eat for free (one breakfast and one lunch). Your child can eat at the cafeteria. If they want a second helping, they will have to pay for it. Furthermore, as the students figure out the lunch lines, they may take longer to get through; however, do not fear, we will make sure that all students get through the lines and will receive their food.
Parents, if you have not provided proof of residency and/or immunization, you have received an extension to submit until August 26, 2022. After that, if your child is still missing the required documentation, they will be dropped from our enrollment. Please take time to complete this process.
Finally, below are important information regarding HTM. Please read the information on the images provided so that you know as much information as possible.
Students, please read below on how to go about changing classes.
Students and Parents,
For the next 10 days, the counselors have been given a directive from me to do three things during school day:
- Correct any errors on students' current schedules.
- Adjust the master schedule as needed.
- Balance classes as mandated by teachers' contract. Deadline is the 10th day.
If your child wants to change classes/period/electives in the first 10 days, they need to follow this protocol:
- They can come to the counseling center before school, nutrition break, lunch or after-school
- Fill out a “request to see a counselor” form. Please help us by making sure that students are in the correct classes and in the correct grade level when they come to your class.
- Email their counselors about the change of requests.
- Any change of classes DUE to a medical issue will require a doctor's note with a potential for a 504 accommodation.
Thank you for understanding.
Families, for your planning purposes, a minor change has occurred in all the bell schedules as we needed to add a passing period before lunch. This means end-of-day release time is five (5) minutes later. Thank you for understanding.
- Upon entry, all cell phones must be turned off and placed in the backpack.
- If your a staff member directs you to put it away, please listen and put it in your backpack.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the bathroom. If you are caught with it in the bathroom, your phone will be taken immediately and must be picked up by the parents. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If a staff member takes a cell phone away, they will give it back to you at the end of each period UNLESS it warrants being taken to the main office.
Families, please read the image below to know the expectation of dress code for all students.
Click HERE to read the HTM Dress Code Policy. IF you have any questions, please come and see me.
Families, please read the policies regarding bullying and harrassment of all kinds.
Falcons, ASB and Falcon Flight have exciting events and activities planned for you. We want you to be involved this year. Please read the image below on how you can participate.
It is time to get GEARED UP as the most spirited Falcon. You will need spirit gear to earn this title! So, get your gear on! Let's see you in blue!
If you want your child to participate in extra-curricular activities such as athletics, tutoring and such, please sign up using the QR code below or type in the URL address provided. We need you to sign up TODAY!!