February 13, 2017
A Principal's Perspective
I normally enjoy the Super Bowl for the fellowship of friends, good food, the half-time show, and the Super Bowl commercials. But this year was different. The end of this Super Bowl was not to be missed because of the amazing, nail biting ending! I enjoy the stories about the people on each team. Their personal stories of hardship, overcoming something unexpected, or even triumph. This year the New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons were two great teams all about working together for the good of the team. They were successful because of the concept of team. On Super Bowl Sunday at church we watched a video called Football Sunday 2017. While it is about the personal testimonies of players on each team, what also caught my attention was the short clip about each team. See the video clip below.
Did you catch the highlights? Key ingredients for a successful Super Bowl team?
- the importance of every role and contribution of each team member
- a collective mission with high expectations and accountability for each team member
- team members celebrating the accomplishments of one another
- each team member sharpening the saw to improve the whole team
While not playing in the Super Bowl, these successful team dynamics can be applied at Greens Prairie as well. Our Vince Lombardi Trophy? Success for students each life...each day...each hour!
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties for the Week
Morning Assembly (7:20): LeBlanc
Gym (7:20): Parr
Cafeteria (7:20): Eppes
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Murphy
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:50): C. Anderson
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:50): Brice & McMurray
Counselor Schedule: First & Second
Week at a Glance
Tuesday: Valentine's Day Parties; Sing-A-Long @ 8:30; STEM Club 3:15-4:00
Wednesday: Lunch Lounge Wednesday - Eating in the teacher's lounge? Wear a GP shirt and jeans!; 2nd Grade Hard Hat Field Trip; 4th Grade STAAR Writing Practice; Tech and Specialists' Open Office Hours 3:15-4:15; Social & Emotional Team Meeting 3:30-4:30 - Conference Room
Thursday: 4th Grade Field Trip to Washington on the Brazos; 2nd Grade Field Trip to OPAS Seussical; SIT Group #5 ( Simmons/Hughes/S. Rhine); BRAVE 3:15-4:15
Friday: Fab Friday- Sonic Treats!; ELA Meetings at Conference Times
News & Notes
- Our Campus Council met to discuss schoolwide items that need to be addressed and problem solved in order to improve routines & procedures on campus. Amy Hartsell is preparing a summary of meeting notes. Each Campus Council member will share the meeting notes with their team.
- I am going to talk with the students in Morning Assembly about the floors during lunch. It is like a minefield with trash and food littering the floors. I am going to ask the students to pick up items off of the floor before they are dismissed. It will be helpful for teachers to remind students to do this before they throw their trash away.
- Thank you to all of the GP staff for pitching in and helping as we have had a significant amount of subs due to staff members being sick, attending conferences, or workshops. Today, we had about 30 students out as well. That is our largest number to date. I hope we have a weekend to rest up and get better.
Science Experiments Take Planning, Dedication & Risk!
Mustang Yee Haws!
- Congratulations to Kohl Anderson, Charla's son, who was named the NCAS PlayMakers of the Month Honor See https://tinyurl.com/zwb6ccs
- Thank you to Mr. K and Booker for representing GP as chefs for 50 Men Who Can Cook!
- Thank you to Kristi Egli, Megan McMurry, Greg Smith, and Amy Hartsell for presenting at the faculty meeting. What a great example of working as a team of leaders sharing your expertise and experiences. Thank you!