This Week in Pre-AP Math 8
February 8 - February 12
Please Read - Laptops
I have had many students who are choosing to not bring laptops with them. They are trying to rely on their phones, but the sites we are using work much better on their laptops. Also, there are some days where phones are not going to work for what we need. The only acceptable reason for students not to have their laptop is if it is out for a repair.
8th graders will be taking the benchmark for reading and math during this round of testing. It is important that students attend on these days and that they do their best on these tests. Even though these are not the real STAAR tests, they are going to be used to see what we need to work on in preparation for STAAR, so the results are very important.
If you have any questions about these upcoming tests, please let me know. If I don't know the answer, I can find it out.
STAAR Dates (for your reference):
Tuesday, March 29: 8th grade Math (and 7th grade Writing)
Wednesday, March 30: 8th grade Reading
Monday, May 9: 7th grade Math
Tuesday, May 10: 7th grade Reading
Wednesday, May 11: 8th grade Science
Thursday, May 12: 8th grade Social Studies
Copies of Assignments
1. I post copies of all daily work and notes pages on blackboard. Students should be able to access them anywhere they have Internet connection. Also on blackboard is a calendar where I post daily entries with detailed descriptions of what was done in class that day. I also post pictures of my notebook on blackboard so that students can see any notes they have missed.
2. I attach copies of anything that is a daily grade in skyward as well. Students (and parents) can access these files.
3. Students can ask me for any work they missed as well, but this method is not the quickest way to get work, as it usually has to wait until there is a chance during class for me to pull that work.
Students are responsible for keeping up with their notebooks and making sure they get any missed notes if they are absent. They are also responsible for getting their missing work.
Tests will NOT be posted online, so if a students misses or needs to retake/correct a test or quiz, they will need to come to tutorials.
This Week In Pre-AP Math 8
- We will be working on unit 9. We will be working on surface area, as we finished our volume discussion last week.
- Benchmark testing: Wednesday and Thursday
- Next test: February 18