InTheLoop @Lumberton BCS
Week of October 26, 2015
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
Editor Miss Debbie O'Brien, "Carpe Diem!"
Harvest Festival 2015
This week's Teaching Tool
1. Don't forget to update your gradebook and total your ABC points.
2. Basketball Team tryouts coming soon! See student tryout list and Mr. White for details.
3. REMEMBER: ALL SGO's WERE DUE ON OCTOBER 15th. If you have not already done so, turn in your SGO's 1 and 2 ASAP.
4. Check Safe Schools. Several new trainings were added sometime in October. Make sure you have completed all of your trainings, as the due date is today!
HARVEST FEAST 2015
DIRECTIONS FOR HARVEST FEAST ADMITTANCE:
ALL STAFF MUST PAY THREE DOLLARS AND DONATE A NON-PERISHABLE ITEM TO OUR FOOD DRIVE.
DUE BY NOVEMBER 13th!
GO TO CULINARY ARTS FOR TICKETS AND DONATIONS!
Nonperishable food items suggestion list:
PLEASE NOTE: ALL DONATIONS MUST BE WORTH AT LEAST TWO-DOLLARS TO QUALIFY FOR ADMITTANCE.
· Boxed mixes: corn bread, cookie mix, muffin mix, stuffing, Au gratin boxed potatoes and other varieties
· Breakfast items: oatmeal packets, whole oats, cereal varieties
· Canned fruit: mixed fruit, mandarin oranges, apricots, cranberries, sliced peaches, pear halves, pineapple chunks, etc.
· Canned meat/fish: SPAM, potted meat, chunk light tuna, red/pink salmon
· Canned soups (including Campbell’s, Progresso, Healthy Choice and more): clam chowder, vegetable, tomato, chicken noodle soup, French onion, cream of celery, vegetable beef, cream of mushroom, etc.
· Canned vegetables: beets, diced potatoes, sweet potatoes, asparagus, sliced carrots, corn (cream style, whole kernel), green beans, peas, tomatoes, etc.
· Condiments: ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
· Noodles: mac & cheese, Ramen noodles, pasta side dishes, egg noodles, spaghetti, noodle bowls, boxed noodle varieties, Spaghetti-O’s, Chef Boyardee cheese/meat ravioli, Pastaroni
· Rice: rice side dishes (Zatarain’s, Rice-a-Roni, Spanish rice, etc.)
· Sauces/Dressing: pizza sauce, pasta sauce, sloppy joe sauce, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, a variety of salad dressings
· Peanut Butter and Jelly
Ms. Mangus would like everyone to know that students who are currently employed and wish to be added to our SLE program should contact her right away!
The follow students were very successful in gaining employment over the summer. Ms. Mangus will be working with their parents, employers and send districts in an effort to move them on to the SLE program.
Friendly Reminders on Incident Reporting:
* For Incident reports: In the subject line, include the student's first initial, last name, and date.
* When signing the report, please sign next to the signature box where you type your name.
*Incident reports are legal documents, and have the potential to become court documents. Please remember to do a spelling and grammar check.
*Submit incident reports by 2:30pm.
* Stick to the facts.
*Our suspension list is now on the Message Board. If a student is suspended, teachers will mark the student as absent, and the office will take care of marking it as a suspension.
*ABC Program: Students who wish to cash in their vouchers for fries in Smitty's Café will have to follow the procedure for requesting a meal (i.e. utilizing a voucher, getting approval and scheduling with Ms. Heather in advance).
Attendance - Books - Conduct
Challenge and expect more
Your students need to feel like their brains hurt when leaving your class. Sort of like when you work muscles in the gym and you become sore. Make the work rigorous!
Why should the students be interested in this lesson/activity or project? Make connections that are relevant to their lives.
This is being done well @Lumberton. We know that this piece is critical to reaching the diverse and unique population of students we serve.