- November 14th: Severance Turkey/Food Drive-send your non-perishable items to SHS
- November 16th-19th: FFA Online Auction: Program and Classroom Fundraiser--Click Here for the Online Catalog
- November 16th: Season B Sports Registration Opens
- November 23rd-27th: Thanksgiving Break- No staff/No Students
- November 30th: Students Return to In Person Learning (A: Mon/Thurs; B: Tues/Fri; All Remote Learning
- December 18th: End of First Semester/Second Quarter
December 21-January 1: No School, Winter Break
January 4th: No School, Teachers Report
January 5th: Students return: Beginning of 3rd Quarter/Silver Classes
Attendance During off Campus Learning
- Monday November 16th: Season B, Basketball and Wrestling Sports Registration will open Monday, November 16. Please see severanceathletics.com for more information and a link to register on Monday. Athletes needing to turn in physicals, training and conduct forms and fees will be allowed to bring them to the school office, as long as they are not quarantined.
- VOLLEYBALL TEAM STORE: Here is the link to the online store: https://shsvb2021.itemorder.com. Volleyball stickers are on sale for $4.00!
- Due to postponed and recently added athletic events, please refer to the Calendar at severanceathletics.com for up to date sports schedules. Sign up for Alerts for individual sports to receive updated information including cancellations and postponements.
If you have athletic questions contact:
Casey Yahn, SHS Athletic Secretary
Yearbook Picture HELP
The Gallantry Yearbook staff is here to share some exciting news with you regarding the 2021 yearbook. Guess what? You’re officially on the yearbook staff! Yes, you read that right! This year, more than ever, we ask that you join us in helping to create the book.
What are some ways you could help us achieve this task? Below are some ideas, but there are many other ways you can contribute:
What did you do during quarantine? Did you pick up any new skills?
Hanging out with friends or family during fall? Corn Mazes or pumpkin carving?
Is your style unique? Send us pictures of what you wear!
Have pictures from summer vacation? We want to see them!
Do you have a pet that is the most adorable thing? Let us see them!
Is your dancing out of this world? Send us a picture of your best moves!
What’s your pre-game routine during your sport(s) season?
Have you been making money? What job, chores, or apps (venmo, cash app, etc) have made you money?
Spending more time with your family in quarantine? Send us pictures of your favorite things you did with them!
Show us your go-to mask during Covid-19!
Know anyone with the same name as you? Let us know and we will get a picture of you together.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with! We are looking for HIGH QUALITY, non-blurry candid photos. While we love to see your beautiful, posed faces, we much prefer pictures of you doing these things, rather than you looking and smiling directly at the camera.
This yearbook is unique in that it will be created by the whole school. Thank you in advance for being a part of this historic year. Don’t forget to reserve your copy at www.jostensyearbooks.com!
The Gallantry Yearbook Staff
Severance High School
Follow: Instagram - severanceybk
Weld RE-4...Free Meals Thanksgiving Week
- All students can receive free meals over Thanksgiving break.
- Families can pick up 5 days worth of meals (breakfast and lunch) to enjoy over the Thanksgiving break.
- Meals will be available for distribution on Nov. 23rd at WHS (Northwest side) from 9am-11am.
- To receive the meals, just show up at the location and tell us how many children you have between the ages of 0-18. **No need to pack up the kids to receive meals!
SHS DECA's Josh Barnard earned 2nd place nationally in the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association)/DECA Muscle Corp fundraiser. Congratulations to Josh and thanks to all who contributed.
Good luck to our members who are competing in the DECA District Competitions over the next week.
The deadline for joining DECA as a full member has been extended to December 15. DECA is an international business and marketing organization where you develop leadership and confidence through competition, community building, and service projects.For more information, contact Mr. Haining at email@example.com.
Follow: Twitter - @SHSDECA5
SHS Library News
Check out the Virtual SHS Library!
During this Quarantine Time
You can still check out books! Head over to the catalog and place any book you would like on hold. These will be checked daily and you will be contacted with directions on how to pick it up.
If you have books that are due, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to return them.
If you don’t remember how to get to the catalog, just click here.
THE END OF AN ERA
On November 8, 2020 Berlin’s iconic Tegel International Airport closed for good. For many Berliners, the city’s only real airport was now relegated to the history books. The first aircraft touched down at Tegel in 1948 when Berlin’s main airport Tempelhof was having capacity problems during the Berlin airlift. In the 1950s and 1960s, Tegel was a symbol of the Cold War as only aircraft from the allied powers were allowed to land and take off. Tegel’s iconic hexagonal terminal opened in 1974 making walks from aircraft to exit as short as 30 meters. After the reunification of the two Germanys, the German National Airlines Lufthansa was finally allowed to operate out of Tegel. Flying out of Tegel was like taking a trip back in time to the 1970s. Tegel’s inability to handle the volume of air travelers in recent years forced its closure. The closure of Tegel marks the end of an era. Bis nächste Woche!
1200 Hidden Valley Pkwy, Severance, CO 80550
School Hours: 8:40 am - 3:50 pm
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
ATTENDANCE: 970-833-7105 (Blue Pass)
Severance High School Website
Severance High School Athletics Website
Facebook - Severance High School
NEW: Instagram - uknightedshs
Twitter - @UKnightedSHS