BHS December Newsletter
Liberators are "Learning for Life"
Chad Cargill ACT Prep
Chad took the ACT a total of 18 times in high school raising his score from a 19 to a 32. Chad will share his story with us and teach students valuable tools to improve ACT test taking skills.
More information about Chad is available at http://www.chadcargill.com/home/workshops. The workshop requires $30 to cover the presenter's fee. Please bring your payment (cash or check made out to BHS) to school on the day of the program . Students will be called to the event after checking in with the morning class teacher.
To be consistent with the Bolivar R-1 District Mission Statement, Bolivar High School has an obligation to prepare students for an ever-changing world, one that sees technological advancements happening at a rapid rate. We believe that every student has a right to an education that prepares them for further education and future employment, and develops the skills that they must have as citizens of the 21st Century: creativity, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking. We believe a 1:1 initiative can help ensure that every student in every class will have the opportunity to learn in an engaging environment reflective of the world that surrounds them.
In a 1:1 school, every student has a school-issued mobile device (laptop, iPad, Chromebook,etc) to use for learning. The students are allowed to take the device home daily unless parents elect to opt-out of this responsibility.
Since a project like this is a big decision, we think it is very important to consider all the benefits and potential problems. It’s important to understand the ‘how’ and ‘why’ and communicate clearly to ensure that everyone has the needed information.
Click here to read more about the 1:1 plans at Bolivar High School including frequently asked questions.
BHS to hold 1:1 informational meeting
We would like to hear from you!
Semester Finals are December 15-18
Requests to take finals early
Finals exempt attendance incentive
- The student will have the ability to choose which final they will opt not to take. However, the student must have a grade of at least 80% in order to opt-out of that final.
- Dual-credit courses will not be eligible for the opt-out.
- EOC tested courses will not be eligible for the opt-out.
- Students must follow all procedures to use this incentive. Specifically, students must meet deadlines in presenting their teacher with the opt-out form declaring their intent to not take the final in one class.
- Chad Cargill ACT Prep, 8:15AM
- Improv Show, 7:00PM (BHS Auditorium)
- Festival of Christmas at SBU, 6:00PM (BHS Choirs)
- ACT Testing
- Bolivar Christmas Parade
- Christmas Concert, 3:00PM (Choir)
- Christmas Concert, 7:00PM (Band)
- Semester Finals
- Last day of Semester
- Return from Christmas Break