Astro May Update #2
Dream big. Reach for the stars. Together we achieve success!
With so many things happening as we move towards the end of the school year, I am sending a second newsletter for the month of May. Please take the time to check over these updates. I'm looking forward to seeing many of you at our upcoming events.
Student / Guardian Tech Support Sites
At Home Recommendations
- Charging chromebook outside of bedroom
- Late night use
- Usage at home
- Internet safety resources
Supply Lists for Next Year
Please read this reminder regarding volunteering and fingerprinting:
- Volunteers who are currently “Approved” in the system will have their status changed to “Pending” if we do not have their fingerprint verification on file on or before March 28, 2022.
- There is no out-of-pocket expense for this requirement. If you no longer wish to volunteer, please send an email to email@example.com and request that your volunteer application be removed. Remember to include your full name.
- Please begin by following this link to schedule your fingerprint appointment https://www.fieldprintoregon.com
- Click “SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT” - Complete all required fields; you will be asked to sign up before you are allowed to continue
- When requested, you will need to enter the Fieldprint code FPHillsboroSD1JVol (this code is for Hillsboro SD volunteers only)
- The actual appointment will take approximately 10 minutes; you will schedule at the location of your choice
- The total fee for fingerprinting will be billed to the Hillsboro School District
- Fingerprint processing can take up to eight weeks
- Call the office if you have any questions
If you have had fingerprints processed through the Oregon Department of Education in the past, please contact Kristina Gantt - firstname.lastname@example.org – and let me know which school district, ESD or substitute entity has your fingerprints or if you have a current teaching license (if your license is expired you will need to follow the process above)
It is the time of year when we begin to identify children who qualify to attend kindergarten in September 2022. In order to attend public school kindergarten in the state of Oregon, children must turn five years old on or before September 1st.
On March 1st our on-line registration process opens for the 2022-2023 kindergarten enrollments. If you have a child who is eligible for kindergarten in September 2022, to register you will need access to a desktop, laptop or tablet and an email account. Please follow the directions below.
Go to www.hsd.k12.or.us
Click on For Families menu
Click on Enrollment process.
Click on Enroll Your Student Today!
Click on Next
Select Online Registration to create an account and begin enrollment.
If you need help with on-line registration, you can come by the school anytime.
There are two exceptions to on-line registration.
If your child has been in Early Intervention
If your child has attended a HSD preschool.
If either of these apply please stop by the office to pick up a registration packet any time after March 1st.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to call the office at 503-844-1300.
If you know of a family who may have a child who should start kindergarten in September 2022, please pass this information along.
Thank you for your assistance, and we look forward to meeting the graduating class of 2035!
Parking in the Neighborhood
Please be considerate of our neighbors when parking during pick-up time on streets around Ladd Acres. Remember to park the correct way on the street. Here are some of the Hillsboro rules in relation to parking.
Parking: Stop Signs and Yield Signs: Parking is not allowed within 50 feet up to the approach of an official flashing signal, stop sign, yield sign or traffic control device if your vehicle obstructs the view of the signal or traffic control device.
Mailboxes: Parking is prohibited within 11 feet on either side (22 feet total) of public and private curbside cluster mailboxes during the hours or 8 am and 6 pm on all days except Sundays and federal holidays.
Crosswalks or Pedestrian Lines: Do not park on or within 20 feet of the approach to marked or unmarked crosswalks at an intersection.
Driveways: Do not park in front of a public or private driveway without the permission of the property owner.
Fire Hydrants: Do not park within 10 feet of a fire hydrant.
HSD is Hiring and ESS (substitutes for all jobs) is hiring
We are hiring for many positions.
Contact Tracers and LPNS
Click here for more details
Click on these links for more information
This is a list of a range of resources that are available in our community to support families.
Nurturing Hope - an online class focused on parenting strategies and child-centered activities. See registration information below.