Getting Ready to Kick-Off the 2021-2022 School Year!
Welcome to the Kindergarten Academy!
Student assignment letters will be posted to the Sapphire Community Portal on Monday, August 16th. A hardcopy of this letter along with transportation information, teacher welcome letter, and supply information will be mailed the same day. You will receive a notification via email when your child's assignment letter posts to the Sapphire Community Portal.
When you log-in to the Sapphire Community Portal to view your child's assignment letter I ask that you also update and confirm the emergency form. Emergency information needs to be completed each school year for your student prior to the start of the year.
Do you need directions to log-in to the Sapphire Community Portal or to set up an account? Click HERE
Please reach out to the Kindergarten Academy Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are unable to log in to Sapphire. We are here to help you as you get acclimated with Sapphire and the Kindergarten Academy!
Student Emergency Forms
- Student Emergency forms must be filled out EVERY year for each student. Please complete this task before August 30th.
- Sign on to the Community Web Portal here to complete the STUDENT EMERGENCY FORM
- Directions can be found on the MASD website here.
- If you need assistance, please contact Mrs. Gochenaur in the office by email at email@example.com or by phone (717)506-0852.
Kindergarten Orientation - August 26th
Staggered Start the Week of August 30th-September 2nd
Your child will either be assigned to come to school on Monday, August 30, 2021 and Wednesday, September 1, 2021 (last name A-K) or Tuesday, August 31, 2021 and Thursday, September 2, 2021 (last name L-Z). Your child's assigned time was shared with you in a letter that was sent out earlier this summer. If you misplaced this letter, this information will be shared again in the class assignment letter that you will receive next week.
As a reminder, there is no school on Friday, September 3, 2021 and Monday, September 6, 2021 due to Labor Day recess.
**All kindergarten students will attend each day after Labor Day recess starting on Tuesday, September 7, 2021.**
Food Service Information
Arrival and Dismissal Times
Kindergarten Academy :
- Parent drop-off - doors open at 7:30, come to office if arriving after 7:45
- Dismissal begins at 2:10
Broad Street, Northside, Shepherdstown & Upper Allen
- Parent drop off - doors open at 7:30, come to the office if arriving after 7:45
- Dismissal begins at 2:20
- Parent drop off - students should arrive no earlier than when the doors open at 7:30. Come to the office if arriving after 7:45
- Dismissal begins at 2:25