Health & Wellness
January 4th, 2022
Dear D6 Families,
Welcome back!! I hope all of you had a wonderful winter break! Here at D6 we continuously review our mitigations and work with the health department to make sure we are providing a safe learning environment for our students and staff.
We have been monitoring the increase in COVID-19 cases and are aware of our families concerns. Together, we have worked hard to keep our D6 students and staff healthy and in school. Below are the mitigations we have implemented:
- Promoting COVID-19 vaccines by hosting vaccine clinics
- Requiring masks to be worn by all staff and students
- Physical distancing when possible
- Screening testing for staff and students
- Testing of symptomatic students at school
- Real time contact tracing
- Enhanced cleaning protocols
- Improved ventilation systems
- Requiring proof of negative COVID-19 test or doctor's note for any symptomatic staff or student
We will continue to update you with any guidance changes as we work with LCHD and IDPH. At this time, IDPH has not implemented the shorten quarantine time for schools. We will continue to follow the 10-day quarantine.