OCS Summer Scholars Session 2
Gravelly Hill Middle School
Summer Scholars Session 2 - WEEK 2
We've completed another week of Summer Scholars academic core and enrichment activities here at GHMS! Thank you again for participating in the program and supporting this important work being done by our OCS teachers and students.
This week we had a number of visitors on campus and were featured as the "Weekly Spotlight" for the Summer Scholars program. Keep an eye out on the website for more details! There was an email that went out to families this past week with a Photo/Video Permission Form included. Please take a brief moment to complete the form which allows us to use images of your child on our website, promotional video, and other OCS-related social media. Click HERE for a direct link to the form as well.
Crystal B. Medlin
GHMS Summer Scholars Program Coordinator
- If anyone other than the parent or legal guardian has permission to pick up your child from Summer Scholars, please email this PARENT PERMISSION FORM to firstname.lastname@example.org. If email is not possible, please send a note stating who has permission to pick up your child.
- The BookNook program has concluded for the summer. Please reach out to your child's teacher this fall to find out more details about the program for the upcoming school year.
- Summer Scholars at GHMS takes place on Monday-Thursday. If you registered for Friday Care, the program is located at Grady Brown Elementary.
- Students in the Notes4Notes program have received a Notes4Notes Membership Form. The purpose of the form is to allow the Notes4Notes organization to use your child's images on their website and other materials. If you agree, please complete and return the form by Wednesday, July 28. The program is free and does not require any kind of obligation to continue.
WEEK 2 - Rising 9th OCS Students visit Durham Tech
Coming Up This Week...
- NuVu students are finishing their "Wearable Technology" prototype designs...and preparing to build the "real" thing! They'll see their ideas come to life and share their experiences with one another during their classroom presentations.
- SmartGirls finish up their engineering challenge and continue to test the strength of their structures.
- Notes 4 Notes students are putting the final touches on their performance pieces. Some are making music videos, writing song lyrics, coordinating and composing beats, and preparing their compositions for upload and presentations. The producers, facilitators, and students are all excited to see things come together!