Updates from Washington Elementary - December 6th
Mr. Russell, Principal - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Schram, Administrative Assistant - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Hill-Gordon - Educational Assistant - 414.773.1806
Attendance Line - 414.773.1802
Dear Washington Families -
Concert season is just around the corner and I wanted to share some information with you so you know exactly how to enter the building and join us for the upcoming concert(s). As always, the safety and security of our students and staff is the top priority for the Wauwatosa School District, and this includes knowing who is in our building at all times. As such, I want to outline the process that will take place for visitors as they come to the upcoming concerts.
When arriving at the school for the concert please use the E3 door to enter the building. This door is located on the EAST side of the building at the top of the ramp. Upon entry, the following steps will be followed:
- All guests will sign-in on the sign-in sheet
- All guests will be given a "Visitor-Winter Concert 2019" name tag identifying they have signed in.
- All visitors should go directly to the concert location and not go to the students’ classroom.
- At the conclusion of the concert, students will go directly back to their classroom and visitors will exit the building through the same door as they entered.
- As in the past, students will not be dismissed early from school, rather they will be dismissed at normal dismissal time.
We’d also suggest planning an extra 10-15 minutes to your arrival time to ensure you’re able to sign-in prior to the start of the show.
Thank you for your partnership in keeping students, staff, and our learning environment safe. We look forward to a great show.
Please reach out to me with any questions.
Mr. Russell and staff
THIS SATURDAY 12/7
Holiday Shopping Spree in the gym.
8 -11 a.m.
Pancake Breakfast in the cafeteria.
Please enter on the ramp off of 67th street.
Start your holiday shopping early with new Washington Gear for your student.
High Interest Day- May 1st
Do you have a special talent, enjoy cooking or have an interesting job? If so we would love to have you as a presenter at this year’s High Interest Day. The students love spending the day learning about many new things. Please fill in the form
Come one, come all ye carolers!
All carolers, children and grown ups, are invited to join us at the Pancake Breakfast TOMORROW to spread holiday cheer with traditional carols. All those interested should come to the music room at 9:00 AM the morning of the breakfast for a run through of the songs. We will start caroling at 9:30 in the lunchroom moving on to the market and finishing at 10:00 AM.
Fa, la, la, la, la, come join us!
Mark your calendars--Upcoming Washington Concert Dates!
Next Wednesday, December 11
1:00-2:00 PM- Grades 3-5 perform for parents/lower grades regular schedule
Monday, December 16
2:00-3:00 PM JK-2nd perform for parents/upper grades regular schedule
Tuesday, December 17
7:00-8:00 PM Band, Choirs, Orchestra perform for parents
If you plan to volunteer at Washington School, you must have a background check on file. Background checks are valid for 3 years. To complete the the process click here: link
Also, please remember to bring your driver’s license along if you haven’t had it scanned into our Raptor security system yet. In order to enter the school building we must have your drivers license on file.
Reminder! Update Demographic and Emergency Contact Information in Infinite Campus
When the school district switched over to Infinite Campus(IC) this summer all emergency contact information was lost. If you have not done so already, please go into your IC account parent portal ASAP and check your families demographic information (phone/address/email address change, etc) and enter in emergency contact information.
If you have not created an account for Infinite Campus yet and do not think you received an email, please check your spam folder. You should have received an activation code from the district.
- To set up your account click here: https://bit.ly/2YBEZSH
- Once your account is set up, here is a link on how you can check and update contact information: https://bit.ly/2K9c404
- If you have problems creating your account or cannot find the email with your activation code, please contact the district here: email@example.com
- This is the parent portal link: https://wauwatosawi.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/wauwatosa.jsp