News from the Nest
Strength. Determination. Knowledge.
Wow, the days are FLYING by! It's hard to believe we just wrapped up the 7th week of school!
Some quick reminders this week:
- Please make sure students are not eating and drinking around their technology devices at home!
- Thank you to our families that already responded to this short survey! You will be contacted first about any switches that can be made. If you haven't yet taken the survey, please do so as soon as possible. The information gathered will inform our next steps in considering the learning environment for all of our scholars.
- Uniforms are still required on campus this year.
- Our Drive-thru Trunk-or-Treat is next Friday, October 30th! Join us from 5:00-6:30 for treats and fun!
- There are still some spaces available for the Boys and Girls Club! If interested, please check out the information below, or call us in the office for more information and to get registered. Free transportation is provided by MTA!
- If you have students in 4th-6th grades, please take a moment to answer our sports interest survey, found here.
- If you missed school pictures this week, retakes are scheduled for December 10th from 9:00 am - 11:00 am.
Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!
Thank you to...
- Nina C. for donating a GIANT bag of candy to us!
- Jolie M. for adding a message for Ms. Bilkos on our Padlet board!
- Anita T., Linda T., Connie R., Yolanda T., Lakisha I. (and Cash!), Raechelle W., Jeffrey A., and Justice's dad for participating in our make-shift photo booth during dismissal this week! We LOVE the pictures!
GHA Drive-thru Trunk-or-Treat!
Friday, Oct. 30th, 5-6:30pm
GHA Parking Lot
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Mrs. Williams serves as our Instructional Specialist and has an expansive background in curriculum development. She works hand-in-hand with our teaching staff to ensure our classrooms are supported with engaging and high-quality lessons!
Mrs. Williams has two children of her own and hopes to eventually add a fur baby to her home. She enjoys traveling, cooking, and Almond Snicker bars!
October Character Trait- Student of the Month
Our October character trait is Digital Citizenship! Students of the Month will be announced next week!
Boys & Girls Club
MTA has agreed to provide transportation both TO and FROM the Boys and Girls Club for all of our families who want to attend. To register, please notify Chris in the office. We have three forms you will need to fill out, and then we can add your students to the Boys and Girls Club program. The forms are also below if you'd like to print them at home.
The Boys and Girls Club provides an educational learning environment for students on days when they're not in school with us. The Club expanded their hours and staff to accommodate small groups of eight students or less! Your child will receive support with their virtual learning as well as participate in other activities throughout their day. The Club also provides breakfast, lunch, and a snack for all students!