The Patriot Premier
The Weekly Update for NPHS families, Apr 13 - Apr 17, 2020
How are you? If all this COVID-19 stuff is getting to you, I have two things you should do (other than reading through this newsletter):
(1) Watch this latest message, from the NPHS staff to students and parents here.
(2) Check out the video message, and then the high school stuff, in the link below labeled "here#1."
Other information you need to know about:
• Wear a cloth face-covering in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies). Here's one easy idea.
• New Grading Policy in place now: Click here, paying particular attention to #4 and following.
• New ASAA regulations for student-athletes here.
• New Health Mandate 013: Closure of all public and private schools for this year, click here.
• End of the Year Locker Pick Up Form here. Students, if you still have things in your locker, you have until the end of April to sign up to come to the school to get your things. Tuesdays and Thursdays are being dedicated to this (see form).
• Seniors: Graduation is Thursday, May 14th, at 7 pm. We will be zooming with you about the details soon. Questions? Connect with Ms. Iannarelli at Dina.Iannarelli@k12northstar.org or Mr. Ballek at Christopher.Ballek@k12northstar.org.
This Week: April 13th - April 17th
Pictures From Last Week [Click the Picture to Enlarge]
Phillip Guerena poses in front of a possible backdrop for a graduation ceremony: We're exploring our options for this May 14th event.
Marycatherine Moroney spent hours editing the latest parody. It's a must-watch, see here.
Matthew Bierer takes singing to his students seriously. Nice tie!
Far Out !
Rebecca Missler mixes music, eye-safety, and a touch of hippy as she serenades her students.
Whisk + Whiskers
So....yeah...never a dull moment when Max Pananen decides to perform.
Andrew Slagle pleads with students in his full-metal jacket heart-warming performance of the "I will survive" NPHS parody.
Far Out !
• NPHS YEARBOOKS: Not the entire year was taken from us! Quarters 1-3 are captured in the 2020 yearbooks, which are still being printed and shipped. Click this link to get yours! We estimate distribution will occur in the first week of May.
• Paper Packets: Every Friday from 7:30 am - 2:30 pm is for students and parents to drop off any paper assignments at the school for their teachers, and to pick up any paper assignments from teachers.