Bellview Elementary School
We begin our dismissal process around 1:55 each afternoon with the goal to move cars off of our campus beginning at 2:00 and busses at 2:10.
We will dismiss early during the first week of school to ensure all students learn our routines and know our dismissal process.
Safety Guidelines for Parents
- If your student is tardy (arriving after 7:45 a.m.) you will need to park in our visitor's spots that face Bellview Ave and walk your child in for check in. Our new gates are locked for security purposes, therefore, students will not have a way in if dropped at the car drop off area after the bell.
- Parents will be able to walk children to class for the first three days of school; after that, students will walk to class independently.
- All visits to our school campus by parents or visitors should start in our front office by checking in and receiving a pass.
- Our new security gates require that parents walk through the main building after checking in at the front office.
- Early check outs will not occur after 1:30 p.m. each day, as we are preparing for dismissal beginning at this time.
- All changes to transportation must be done by sending in a written note with your child.
- Visitors will not be able to get to our main office from the middle parking lot after 7:45 a.m. Parents and visitors should utilize the visitor's spots and enter our campus via the ramp to the main building.
Car Rider Line
After this week, in the event that a parent does not have their pick up placard, they will be asked to pull into a visitor's spot and go to the front office to show identification. It will be at that time that our office staff will radio the car rider personnel to walk your child to the front office.
For safety reasons, parents are not permitted to walk up to the car rider area and take their child. If you experience unforeseen circumstances on an emergency basis, we ask that you visit the front office to explain the situation.
Please understand that our car rider line takes a little bit longer at the beginning of the school year because our top priority is to safely deliver students home. Once the process becomes a routine for parents and students, it begins to move faster.
When loading cars, we load 5 cars at a time in both lanes. Once we have thumbs up from the 5 staff members in a lane, we will move the outside lane followed by the inside lane. When cars are back into place, we begin loading again. Regardless of where your child is positioned on our benches, please make sure you pull as far forward in the line as you are able to, so we can follow our process smoothly.
Please also consider paying $5 to become a member of our PTA. Every parent membership, parent volunteer helps tremendously and impacts students positively.
We anticipate Chromebooks being able to go home beginning September 4th.