October 16-18, 2019
Important PTSA Information
1. Monday, October 21, 7:45 AM to 8:30 AM- Coffee Chat and PTSA meeting in the media center. Please park behind the gym and enter through the doors at the turnaround. You do not have to be a member of PTSA to attend.
2. Monday, October 21, 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM- Family Engagement Night – QPR training in the media center￼. Mrs. Miller will be providing QPR training which is suicide prevention
training. This is for adults only. Children will have a separate
activity available to them. Please park behind the gym and enter
through the doors at the turnaround
3. Wednesday, October 23, 11 AM to 11 PM - Kipplees Dine-out for Dollars. Must have a physical copy of the giveback form for Washington middle school PTSA to receive 30% back. Forms are available in the front office or can be emailed to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Additionally, forms can be sent home with your child.￼￼
4. Beginning Thursday, October 24 through Wednesday, October 30, boo grams will be for sale in the media center during lunch and recess for students to purchase for $.50 or three for a dollar. These notes and candy will be passed out to students on Thursday, October 31 during last period.
5. Friday￼, November 1, 5-7:00 PM: Fall dance in the gym. Cost is two dollars per student with concessions available to purchase. Students must have citizenship in order to attend. This is a costume dance. Principals will be sharing costume regulations as we get closer to the date.￼. Please sign up to help with food donations.
New this year is a punch card. You can purchase these beginning Monday in the library from Mrs. Perry, from Mrs. Miller, Mrs. Rodgers, and at lunch a couple times next week.They cost $5 and will cover the cost to get into the dance, a slice of pizza, a drink, a snack cake or fruit snack, and a bag of chips.
Purchasing the punch card will save you $1.25. If you choose not to purchase the punch card, entrance to the dance is $2 and concessions will be available. Punch cards can also be purchased through our square account for $5.46 to cover processing fees at https://washington-middle-school-ptsa.square.site/ We will ask students to fill out their preferences at school upon getting the notification of an order.
*Please note - punch cards will be kept upon purchase until the time of the dance. They will be passed out at arrival to prevent cards from being lost.
6. We are in need of assistance filling our emergency bags. Each classroom has one to use in case we need to vacate due to an emergency. At this time we are in need of the following items:
- 40 flashlights with batteries
- 40 first aid kits
- 40 rolls of gauze
- 40 rolls of athletic tape
* if you or a business is interested in donating but would prefer to donate monetarily so items can be bought in bulk, please visit our square account to do so. Thank you!
WMS October Student Spotlight
Report Cards Coming Soon
WMS Girls Basketball Roster
WMS JV and Varsity Cheer Squad
Family Movie Night
After School Schedule
Penny Lane Cafe
Cub Football vs Reitz
Thursday, Oct. 17th, 5:30pm
1300 Washington Avenue
Cub Football vs Harrison
Saturday, Oct. 19th, 10am
1300 Washington Avenue
PTSA Giveback Night at Kipplee's
Wednesday, Oct. 23rd, 11am
2350 East Division Street
Bullying Report Form
How is your child doing in classes?
If you have questions or concerns about grades you can contact your child's teachers or Administration to set up meetings.
WMS Expectations and Procedures Handbook
Dress Code Reminders
Cool Weather Items
Type: hoodless sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts, vest, zip up fleece, softshell or cardigan worn with a collared button down or polo shirt underneath
Colors: any solid color
Logo: small manufacturers logos are acceptable; school logos are permitted
The following is unacceptable at WMS and will not be allowed:
· Unnatural hair colors (bright red, burgundy, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink or purple)
· Body piercings, excluding ears. Earrings that pose a safety hazard or that are disruptive in nature
· Visible tattoos
· Skinny style pants, stretch pants or tight fitting clothing
· Hats or head coverings inside the school
· Cell Phones, large purses, gym bags, backpacks, backpack style purses, and drawstring bags must be kept in students’ lockers from 7:30am to 2:30pm.