Ada Elementary Newsletter
We are now entering the last month of school, which brings many exciting activities. It's hard to believe but school is almost over for 2017-18! We've had a great year at Ada Elementary and we look forward to another exciting year in 2018-19!
Important May Dates
- Wednesday, May 2 - 5th grade cyber safety discussion
- Thursday, May 3 - 4th grade field trip to Armstrong Air and Space Museum
- Thursday, May 3 - Elementary Art Show (5:00-6:30 p.m.)
- Friday, May 4 - Reading Carnival
- Monday, May 7-8 - Kindergarten Screening
- Monday, May 7 - 1st grade field trip to Findlay
- Tuesday, May 8 - 3rd grade safety belt program
- Wednesday, May 9 - FFA Small Animals Day
- Wednesday, May 9 - 5th grade cyber safety discussion
- Thursday, May 10 - 3rd grade field trip to Wilson's
- Friday, May 11 - 5th grade field trip to Mazza Museum
- Friday, May 11 - Mother's Day Tea for second grade
- Monday, May 14 - Author visit (Troy Cummings)
- Tuesday, May 15-18 - Third grade field trip to Beech Grove schoolhouse
- Wednesday May 16 - 5th grade cyber safety discussion
- Thursday, May 17 - 4th and 5th grade honor roll trip to Toledo Mudhens
- Thursday, May 17 - Second grade field trip to Marmon Farms
- Thursday, May 24 - Field Day
- Friday, May 25 - Last day of school for students and early release
Summer STEM camp opportunity
Teacher Request Policy for 2018-19 Year
Parent requests for teachers will be considered but are not a guarantee. Parent requests must be made to the principal and meet the following guidelines:
- Classroom requests may only be made for grades kindergarten through third grade
- Parents may only request one teacher that they do not want their child to have for the next school year
- Must be made in writing to the principal by June 15
If you have a request that meets these requirements please submit them to Mr. Thaxton at email@example.com or by bringing in a signed note to the office.
New - FinalForms for 2018-19 School Year
We are very excited to announce that the Ada Exempted Village Schools has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete all school forms for your students. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! FinalForms also pre-populates information wherever possible, for each of your students, saving you time.
You will review your information once per school year to verify information is current and sign the forms.
Ada Elementary and High School will begin utilizing FinalForms for the 2018-19 school year. We are asking that ALL parents of students at our schools use FinalForms to electronically complete all school forms. You will receive further instructions this summer on how to create your account.