Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*NO SCHOOL 3/21-3/28. Have a safe and wonderful spring break! We return to school on Tuesday, March 29th and it will be "Day 1 " for Encore*
Lifework-Week of March 29-April 1st
- Monday: Enjoy your Spring Break
- Tuesday: Read & log, Spelling-Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log, Spelling- ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log, Spelling-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read & log
When using IXL-focus on addition/subtraction, counting money, or place value
Spelling Words-Test 4/1/16
Variant vowel /ô/ Syllable Patterns
Our current unit in science is Ecosystems/Habitats. Key concepts:
- habitats and how living things adapt when habitats change
- some living things become endangered/extinct
- living and non living things as part of a system
- how living things depend on each other (interdependence)
- the importance of plants and plant products
Our current unit in math is Unit 7 Number Sense and Computation-Part 3. Key concepts:
- Addition and subtraction
- Count and compare a collection of coins up to $1.50
- Place Value up to 3 digits
*Math Unit 7 test will be on Friday, April 1st. IXL is a great study tool!
- 3/21-3/28-No School-Spring Break
- 4/1-Pennies for Patients-last day for collection
- 4/6-STEM night-6-8p.m.
- 4/11-PTO Meeting-7p.m.
- 4/15-PTO Spirit Night
- 4/18-No School-Teacher Work Day
- 4/19-4/22-Scholastic Book Fair
- 4/25-Advisory Council-6p.m.
S.T.E.M. + ART = STEAM
**An RSVP was sent home in Friday Folders and must be returned if you plan to attend.**
Families are invited to join us on Wednesday, April 6th from 6:00 to 8:00p.m. for STEAM Night. Come out and participate in hands-on activities, view student art, and hear our lovely strings ensemble.
Registration- 6:00 to 6:30 pm
Opening Ceremony- 6:30 pm
Session 1- 6:50 to 7:20 pm
Session 2- 7:25 to 7:55 pm
Departure- 8:00 pm
We are in need of volunteers to make this night successful! Please RSVP to Ms. Bullock- MacGowan firstname.lastname@example.org & let us know if you are interested in volunteering to assist with registration or help with a session.
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music