- Submission of the online application and applicable application fee. Note: To complete your application to the UAB Graduate School, you will need to write a personal statement. You may wish to prepare that statement well in advance of your application deadline. The statement calls for a brief summary of your academic interests, career goals, and relevant background experience. For tips on writing a personal statement, click here [link to the document that you just added to the Professional Development site].
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited (e.g. SACS) college or university, or an international equivalent based on a four-year curriculum.
- Applicants holding only a bachelor’s degree should have earned a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (B average) in all Junior and Senior level course work. Most programs require applicants to provide scores from a standardized aptitude examination, such as the GRE, MAT, or GMAT.
- Applicants should have an undergraduate major acceptable in content and quality to the selection committee of the program to which they are applying.
- For international students whose first language is not English, a minimum score of 550 on the paper test, 213 on the computer version, or 80 on the internet based test of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or a minimum score of 6.0 - 6.5 on the IELTS test is recommended.