Tips on growing the best student brains ever!
WHAT DO I DO ALL DAY? CLARIFYING MY ROLE
As your Instructional Coach, my role involves partnering with you, the teachers, to provide instructional support in various ways. On any given day you might find me doing any of the following:
- The Impact Cycle: Partnering with teachers in high-impact planning toward the achievement of student focused goals. This may include providing instructional assistance by gathering data, modeling teaching strategies, observing instruction, providing feedback, etc.
- Planning, delivering and supporting professional learning for our site and district
- Helping gather materials and resources to support instruction.
- Assisting teachers with assessment and data-related activities, such as data collection/analysis and examination of student work.
- Designing active teaching and learning strategies to improve student performance.
- Meeting with teams for vertical planning, collaboration, PLC, etc.
- Assisting with classroom management strategies
- Participating in a collaborative team with district curriculum specialists and other members of the Teaching and Learning Department.
- Professional Growth: Studying and researching current best practices in all areas of instruction
- Meeting regularly with principal and Instructional Coaching Learning Team.
- Performing other duties assigned by supervisor or principal.
Schoology Tidbits - One item per week you might want to use
DID YOU KNOW...
Virtual escape rooms for your content!
BETTER YET, there are tons of content specific games available for your class. If you want to check some out, join my class with the access code QGCAT9. I have pulled Quadratic Quandry, Unrest in the Colonies, Cell Soccer. A Night at the Civil War Museum, and Unlock the Written Word at the New York Times Building to give you a sampling.
Paraprofessionals in the Classroom
What do I have him/her do?
Often, we assume that paras instinctively know what we want but remember that they go to many teachers in a day and may be unsure of what YOU expect and encourage.
If you want help with this conversation, reach out to me for help.