Esperanza Week-at-a-Glance (WAG)
November 4 - 9, 2013
Quote of the Week
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
-- Margaret Mead
Student Goal Booklets - Trimester I
If you haven't done so, please guide students in completing their goal booklets for the first trimester and send it home to be signed by parents for homework. It is important that parents see if their children are on track to meet the trimester goals with one month to go to the end of the trimester.
Practice the Affirmation
Please practice all or part of the Esperanza Affirmation with your students each day. The first class in grades 2-5 to recite the entire affirmation (in English and Spanish) wins a class game time with Mr. Jacques. The first student(s) in grades K/1 to memorize the affirmation receive a lunch with Mr. Jacques.
Custodial Communication Log
Please use the Google Doc to communicate with custodians and Mr. Jacques about the A/B cleaning schedule or other issues.
- Monday Morning Meeting: All classes, please meet on the patio behind the cafeteria at 8:30. Next week we will begin to celebrate Scholars of the Week. If you would like a student celebrated for hard work, please enter the name in the Google Doc by Friday evening.
- Focal 50 Planning Meeting (9:00 - 10:00)
- Dual Language Leadership Meeting (3:00 - 4:00) : We will be planning for PD on Wednesday.
- Instructional Rounds at Korematsu: Wes, Violeta and 1 teacher will be next door from 8-12.
- Wes off site for Principal Advisory Council from 2:30 - 5:00
- Minimum Day: 1:40 Dismissal
- Professional Development: Dual Language Reflection and Planning (2:30 - 3:45)
- Snack: 1st Grade
- November Reading Assembly (8:40 - 9:20): Grades 2-5 (K-1 are welcome). We'll check our progress towards 100 million words and present buttons to word club members
- Instructional Leadership Team Meeting (2:00 - 4:00): Planning November PD and collaboration, United for Achievement Planning
- Wes will be off site at a meeting until 9:30.
- 2nd Grade release day for planning: 1/2 day for RALLI with MIke Ray and 1/2 day for curriculum design