La Charla con Sra. Chaney
Week 4 - Spanish 1 Online with NCVPS
- Progress Report Grades due to school (weeks 1-3): Tuesday, September 16th: After this is submitted students will be able to contact me for an updated grade. These progress reports are done bi-weekly.
- All work (weeks 1-8) due by Friday, October 24th (end of nine weeks): We are nearly halfway to this first major deadline. Students are encouraged to catch up NOW as to prevent end of the quarter stress later on!
el 15 de septiembre: el día de la independencia en Costa Rica
photo source: Destination Costa Rica
Schedule of Assignments
At the end of Unidad 2 students will be able to say:
- I can talk about the classes I have this year.
- I can talk about when I have my classes.
- I can talk about what I do in all of my classes.
- I can talk about what items are in my bookbag and classrooms.
- I can talk about where things are located in the classroom.
The cultural focus for Unidad 2 is schools in Costa Rica. Below is a photo of a school near Volcán Arenal in Costa Rica.
photo source: Kellie Chaney 2013
Missing Work Spreadsheet
You can access the Missing Work Spreadsheet here.
Required Live Classes (RLCs)
- they must attend at least one Required Live Class per unit. This does not have to be done with me, but any Spanish 1 teacher listed in the Google calendar in the course.
- RLCs are labeled, GS (Getting Started), U1 (Unidad 1), and U2 (Unidad 2) in the Google Calendar. Check the label before attending!
- they must participate, take notes, and submit their notes and reflection on the assignment page in order to receive full credit.
- Students can attend these via phone (by calling in) or by downloading the Blackboard Collaborate app to their Apple iOS or Android device.
- Please have them contact me if they are having difficulty logging in or finding a time that works with their schedule. The key is to plan ahead!
** This week, students will need to attend a Unidad 2 RLC **
Contact Señora Chaney
My current office hours are:
- Mondays 7-9pm
- Tuesdays 8-9pm
- Wednesdays 6-7pm
I am accessible via phone call or Blackboard IM (usually) during this time. I can also be contacted through Moodle Message or text message during the day and will respond ASAP. ELAs & parents may contact me via email.