Live Together. Learn Together. Lead Together.
Good Luck and thank you to Ms. Alamo!
For almost eight years, Ms. Alamo has been an integral part of Pelican Marsh Elementary’s success. She came to PME in 2014, with her Kindergarten son Aiden, to teach third grade. After almost two years, she was hired as the PME ESE Program Specialist. In 2017, Ms. Alamo was promoted to Assistant Principal, and has been a large part of the school’s academic, behavior, and cultural success. This week, Ms. Alamo was given the wonderful opportunity to bring her talents to Eden Park Elementary in Immokalee, to serve as their new Assistant Principal. We cannot thank Mrs. Alamo enough for all her dedication, hard work, and love for PME. While we will miss her dearly, we know she is excited to bring her gifts of positivity, compassion, academic knowledge, kindness, and leadership to Eden Park. We wish her all the best in her newest endeavor at EPE and will forever be thankful for the positive impact she’s had on our staff and students.
Welcome Mrs. Kovis!
Mrs. Kovis has been an educator for 17 years. For the last three years, within Collier County Public Schools, she has been working as a school-based support personnel serving out of the district office. Her work has been focused on supporting students and schools with the implementation of academic interventions and tiered support. She also spent time supporting and coaching schools on the implementation of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS). Prior to working in Collier County Public Schools, Mrs. Kovis worked as a classroom teacher, team leader, and academic data coach for a school district outside of Chicago, IL. Mrs. Kovis is a proud mom of three boys and is thrilled to be joining the staff at Pelican Marsh.
Top Things to Remember
1. Enjoy your break with family and friends! No school 11/22-11/26.
2. Spirit Week was a great success! Thank you PTO for organizing such a fun week. Our students and staff loved showing their spirit at PME!
3. Tomorrow we will celebrate being an "A" school once again! Each student will decorate a cookie and listen to music in our pavilion. We are so proud of our Pelicans!
4. Virtual Learning Day 12/1. All students will complete assignments created by their teacher to count as being present for the day.
5. Always call 377-7900 to inform us of absences. Dialers are automatically sent from the district when students are absent. Please call us so we can document absences correctly.
6. Season is here and we know how traffic increases. Now is the time that we see an increase of students who are tardy. Please manage time, so your child is on time to school each day. Routines established in the morning will go a long way in their future.
7. Encourage your child to check the lost and found in the cafeteria. We are starting to accumulate many sweaters and sweatshirts.
To access the Quarter 1 Report Card electronically as a PDF:
- Navigate to https://focus.collierschools.com/focus/
- Enter the Username - your student’s lunch number (student number)
- Enter the Password
- For students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 2, enter 1
- For students in Grades 3-12, enter your student’s birthday month and day as four digits (e.g., September 7, 2011 would be 0907)
- Under your student’s picture, click the Reports tab
- The link can be viewed as a PDF or downloaded and saved
The FOCUS Portal can be accessed from the CCPS Portal, clicking the FOCUS icon.
For assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 239-377-0009.
Reading Corner with Mrs. Cassilly
December is a busy month so please encourage your child to capitalize on as many opportunities as possible to showcase their learning on iReady, Reading Counts, Waggle (Grades 2-3), Aleks (Grades 4-5), and USA Test Prep (5th grade) before reports are printed on December 17th. The total number of points will be calculated in each of the content areas to determine the number of tickets students will be awarded to spend at the carnival on food, games, and raffle prizes!
Thank you to all who volunteered to participate in this treasured semi-annual event! I will be contacting you soon with further details.
Mrs. Cassilly :-)
Greetings PME Families! This month for our Cool Character Champs, PME students have been focusing on the character trait responsibility. Schoolwide, we focused on what we should and should not be doing to help keep us. We just celebrated our students who have demonstrated this character throughout the month with certificates and recognition on the morning news. November is always a busy month with World Kindness Day on the 13th, and Random Acts of Kindness Day coming up on the 26th!
As always, please feel free to reach out to me at any time.
Your School Counselor, Mrs. Ward.
Monthly Math Awards
Students may continue to practice math over break. Please encourage your child to continue working on their lessons in Waggle (K-3) and ALEKS (4-5) as well as their math facts. Math fact fluency is essential!
11/19 Interim Period Ends
11/22-11/26 No School- Enjoy your break with family and friends.
12/1 Virtual Learning Day- No school on campus
Birthday celebrations are special for all students, and each classroom teacher acknowledges a student’s birthday in various ways. In all cases, children are recognized at school on their special day. If you wish to send in an item for your child’s birthday, you may send in a non-food item that will be distributed at the end of the school day. Suggested items include: a colorful pencil, eraser top, stickers, bookmarks, or a small novelty item. Food items sent or brought in by parents/guardians will not be allowed and will be returned with your child. Distributing party invitations at school will only be permitted if there is an invitation for all students in the classroom, or all girls, or all boys.
Information from our PTO
Become a volunteer!
- Don't forget to update your volunteer status at: https://www.collierschools.com/volunteer
- Visit us at pelicanmarshpto.com
- Email us at email@example.com if you would like to receive information about volunteer opportunities.
Box Tops for our school!
Box Tops have gone digital! Scan your receipts and earn for Pelican March by following these simple steps:
1. Go to boxtops4education.com OR to your App Store and download the Box Tops for Education app
2. Register for free and search for Pelican Marsh Elementary
3. Scan your store receipt using the app and it will automatically find the Box Tops products you purchased and add cash to your school’s earnings online
4. You can also submit your digital receipts from online shopping by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of your purchase
If you wish to become a Pelican Sponsor and have your banner hanging on the school fence, please contact Leah Ritchey at Leah@naples.com
Thank you to all of our current sponsors!
Manring Brothers, Compass Realty
Pediatric Dentistry of Naples
Responsive Insurance, Matt Nance
Investment Properties Corp
UBS Private Wealth Management
Anchor Associates, Inc.
Willis & Davidow Attorneys at Law
Summit Wealth Partners, LLC
Sunset Automotive of Naples
The Brace Place
Law Ofice of Tony Lawhon
Lorna Fedelem MD & Associates
Brain Balance of Naples
The DeVries Family
The Cammuso Family
The Clayton Family
The Johnson Family
The Swarts Family
The Box Family
The Ritchey Family
The Sherwood Family
The Stine Family