The Dominican Republic is a great place for a relaxing vacation or maybe one filled with excitement. We have many historical sites and lots of fun activites to do. Wether it be swimming with sharks and sting rays or riding on horseback. We hope you have a great time either way.
Our climate here in the Dominican Republic is Tropical maritime. We have little seasonal temperature variations and seasonal variation in rainfall. Our average temperatures range from 66° to 93° F (19° to 34° C). The coldest season is between November and April. Hottest season is between May and October. The hottest month is August.
- Basilica of Our Lady- Latin American's finest example of modern religious architecture.
- Fort Ozama
- National Pantheon
- La Romana- Southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, is home to the charming Altos de Charon, a replica of a 16th century artisans' village.
- Fun Fact- Explored and claimed by Christopher Columbus on his first voyage on December 5th, 1492
- Very popular destination for Golf.
- Horseback Riding
- Swimming with sharks and rays
- Watching Dolphins
- January 1st- New Years Day
- January 6th- The Three Kings Day (religious)
- January 21st- Our Lady of Altagracia Day (religious)
- January 26th- Juan Pablo Duarte Day
- February 27th- Independence Day
- March or April (varies)- Easter Friday (religious)
- May 1st- Labor Day (celebrated on the closest Monday)
- June (varies)- Corpus Christi Day (religious)
- August 16th- Restoration Of Independence Day
- September 24th- Our Lady of Mercedes Day (religious)
- November 6th- Constitution Day (celebrated on the closest Monday)
- December 25th- Christmas Day (religious)
The Dominican Republic is a representative democracy. They have three branches of government: Executive, Legislative, and Judicial.
Food- Traditional Caribbean cuisine, tropical fruits, rice and sea food.
Drinks- Beer, Rum, Mama Juana (a mixture of bark and herbs left to soak in rum, red wine and honey)
DON'T DRINK TAP WATER!! Drink bottled water.
Please wear sunscreen when you're outside. Our sun is very bright here!