Thomas Hancock Elementary
Welcome to Thomas Hancock Elementary!
Thomas Hancock Elementary was established in 2016 in Pasadena ISD. We offer traditional classes as well as specialized classes such as Dual Language and Personalized Learning! We pride ourselves in providing an outstanding education for ALL students. We have created a structured, loving, and safe environment for our students, staff, and parents. In addition to our solid academic program, Thomas Hancock Elementary teaches children social and emotional skills and we provide a variety of extracurricular activities and family events!
We are excited to begin our 5th YEAR!
Student Daily Schedules are provided by each teacher
- Both virtual and face-to-face students will follow their class schedule.
- Virtual learners, will find recorded lessons from all classes in the assigned platform. (PK-2nd Seesaw, 3rd-4th Google Classroom)
- Virtual students will participate in instruction through zoom meetings or recorded lessons. Invitations and links will be posted on their learning platform.
- Virtual students MUST participate daily in scheduled instruction and submit assignments daily.
REQUIRED SELF SCREENING FOR ALL STAFF AND STUDENTS
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL
Car Riders Arrival: We have one car line. Enter the parking lot through Minnesota Street.
- A staff member will receive you at a cone
- They will open your door.
- Please make sure your child is able to exit/enter your vehicle through the passenger side without obstruction, so your child is not having to walk around cars.
- Parents will receive a car tag with their child’s name on the first day of school at arrival in the drop off line.
- Please attach the car tag to your passenger side window when picking up your child in the afternoon.
Car Riders Dismissal:
- We have two lines. Enter the parking lot through Minnesota.
- Staff members will be available to help with traffic flow.
- Display your car tag on your dashboard.
- Students will be assembled in the building and walked out in order.
- A staff member will load your child in your car.
- A staff member will direct traffic.
Walkers: Due to safety concerns, only students who live in Sierra Vista Neighborhood and the Sterling Apartments may be walkers.
- Our staff walks students to the crossing guard. Thank you for understanding that safety is our top priority.
- An adult must be available to take students home at the cross walk.
- We will continue to send walkers out in light rain. We will hold all walkers in the building during heavy rain or thunderstorms.
Bus Riders: We have three buses. Students are loaded onto the school buses by our staff members. All students must abide by safety rules when riding the school bus. See bus routes below.
Daycare: Inform your teacher of the daycare your child attends.
Please inform teacher about dismissal plans (bus number, daycare, car rider, walker).
For School Supplies, visit this link on the Pasadena ISD web page.
Parent and Teacher Communication
The following will be used for communication between TEACHER/STUDENT/PARENT:
- Phone calls
- Remind messaging
- Skyward Messaging system
At this time, all parent conferences must be over the phone or through video conference. Please contact your child's teacher for a parent/teacher conference.
Prekindergarten, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade
- Students will be assessed on mastery of specific skills and strategies utilizing informal assessments, written responses, and other performance activities. If a teacher/staff member asks for a reply to their email, students should immediately respond to the email.
- Teachers will use a traditional academic grading scale to assess each student’s mastery of the student’s expectations on any instructional assignment or assessment.
- We are a Personalized Learning School and utilize the grading standard set by our district.
Special Education, 504, Bilingual, Gifted & Talented Support:
- Learners who are scheduled to receive support and/or accommodations, as outlined in the student’s individual plan. If you have questions regarding your student’s accommodations, please contact us.
- ARD, 504, and other required meetings will all be held virtually.
Skyward Family Access allows parents, guardians and students to view and manage various information including a student’s attendance records, calendars, graduation plans/requirements, schedules, gradebooks, online assignments, grading and report cards.
Need help with Skyward? Visit the Skyward Support Page.
For a complete description Pasadena ISD Discipline procedures, please refer to the district code of conduct.