Grade Level Meetings
Thursday, February 18
- Student Growth
Make-up Plan for Snow Days
Front Office Updates
- Daily Attendance
- Sending students to the office to use phone, get a temperature check, or a band-aid
- Sub plans--students using the phones
Teaching & Learning Updates
- Math Resources-school recommendations
- ACS Summer School plans
- Parent Conference Forms
- Retention letters
- Answering phones in your classrooms
- Data dives next week & subs
- Required PD on Monday (master schedule, planning, budget, & TLIM)
- Midterm date is now Wednesday, February 24
- Budget needs for your grade level
- Student supply list for 2016-2017
- School Improvement Team budget meeting
ACS Strategic Goals
Expand access to district preschool programs and ensure our preschool students meet district achievement goals.
We will strengthen core instruction so that all subgroups will be successful without the need for a supplemental instruction as measured by number of students receiving interventions.
The Whole Child-Resiliency. Adaptation. Success.
Asheville City Schools will assess and restructure operational systems in an effort to address the needs of the whole child by providing opportunities to ensure all students graduate college and/or career ready.
Claxton School Improvement Goals
Create a more inclusive school culture by equipping staff with new strategies for recognizing and supporting the strengths and needs of the whole child.
Goal #2 Academic Achievement
62.6% of our black students will be proficient in reading by 2018 as compared to in 2015.
Goal #3 Academic Achievement
61.2% of our black students will be proficient in math by 2018 as compared to in 2015
Goal #4 Whole Child
Increase parent involvement of our at-risk student population as identified by students in the red or yellow on MCLASS DIBELS/TRC.