Back to School at Otselic Valley
August/September 2021 Updates
CALENDAR ROUND UP
THURSDAY, AUGUST 19
- Mandatory sports meeting, 6 pm in the M P R (masks required)
- Regular Board of Education meeting, 7 pm in the LIBRARY (masks required)
MONDAY, AUGUST 23
- First day of Boys' and Girls' Varsity Soccer practice (including 9th graders), 8:30 am, school athletic field
TUESDAY, AUGUST 31
- Device pick up for students in grades 7-12, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
- Device pick up for students in grades 7-12, 7:30 am - 2:30 pm
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
- Car wash and bottle/can drive, 2-6 pm at the South Otselic Fire Department, to benefit the Boys' Soccer team, hosted by the Otselic Valley Booster Club
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
- First day of school (7:50 am - 2:25 pm)
- Modified Soccer practice begins after school, 3-5 pm
IMPORTANT BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
SCHOOL ENDS: 2:25 pm
TARDY: students entering school after 7:50 am are marked tardy
EARLY MORNING DROP OFF: not before 7:30 am
(Please don't arrive earlier than 7:30 am, which is when breakfast starts, because supervision will not be available. For those not interested in breakfast, supervision will be available in the gym and M P R between 7:30 am and 7:40 am, when teachers open their doors.)
DEVICE PICK UP FOR GRADES 7-12
DEVICE PICK UP TIMES:
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 31, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
- WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 7:30 am - 2:30 pm
A parent or guardian MUST be present to sign the device agreements prior to a student’s receiving their device. If you are unable to come during the two scheduled days, you may also make an appointment prior to the first day of school to retrieve your child’s device. If you are unable to come before the start of the school year, a copy of the agreement will be mailed home, and must be signed by the parent or guardian and returned on the first day of school BEFORE your child’s device will be distributed to them.
FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH FOR ALL STUDENTS
Even though no family needs to apply for free meals at Otselic Valley, completing a Household Income Eligibility form ensures that Otselic Valley families can benefit from other resources available to some schools in high-need districts. Complete the form found in the print newsletter being mailed to district residents, or find it on the website, here.
YES, students can buy extra breakfast and lunch items. Get more information and sign up for My School Bucks here.
FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE
THURSDAY, AUGUST 19, 6 pm, in the M P R (masks required):
All student athletes playing in any sport during the 2021-2022 school year and their parents/caregivers are required to attend this important meeting in the M P R. Masks are required regardless of your vaccine status.