Creekside Forest Connection
Riding the wave of GREATNESS in 2019-2020
- In the case of inclement weather (including rain) all biker and walker students should use their alternate form of transportation for arrival and dismissal. (CFES will send out an email via School Messenger notifying parents of this only at dismissal)
- For the safety of our students, no student should be dropped off on campus prior to 8:10 a.m. when staff arrives on duty. The only students that should get out of their vehicle prior to 8:10 a.m. are those enrolled in a morning club or have a previously scheduled appointment with a teacher.
- All parents: For your convenience, and to expedite the check in process, this year we will have online RSVP forms for all school daytime events. If you and/or family members plan to attend the event, please RSVP by submitting the form on or before the due date. This will expedite the check-in process. If this event is the first time you have signed into the front office this year, please present your identification at the front office and then they will provide you a visitor tag. If you are already in the system for this year, your visitor tag will be ready upon arrival at the front office. Links to all January events are listed below for you to complete.
Our 3rd Grade musical is taking place on January 30th, at 6:00 p.m. for parents and guests. The students perform a dress rehearsal in the morning at 9:30 a.m. for our students and staff. If you are unable to attend the evening performance and plan to attend the morning dress rehearsal (very limited seating) please complete the RSVP form below by Thursday,January 23rd. It is not necessary to RSVP for the evening parent and guest performance.
CREEKFEST IS COMING!
January at a Glance
January at a glance:
1/8 All students return from Winter Break
1/9 Spirit Night at Sonic
1/10 5th Grade Field Trip (Thank you for the successful Fall Fundraiser to make this happen!)
1/14 PTO General Meeting 9:30
1/14 Incoming 6th Grade Parent Meeting at CPJH @ 6-7, in the cafeteria
1/15 Report Cards go home
1/15 Teacher Support Team (Parent Volunteers) on campus 9-12
1/20 Student Holiday
1/22 Teacher Support Team (Parent Volunteers) on campus 9-12
1/23 Club Pictures
1/23 PTO Luncheon
1/29 Teacher Support Team (Parent Volunteers) on campus 9-12
1/30 Spirit Night at Fuddruckers
1/30 3rd Grade Musical 6:00
Creekside Forest Cares!
- Our CFES community provided special holiday gifts to 76 kids through the Salvation Army Angel Tree program this year.
- Our second grade students made notes of thanks for people who run and volunteer at animal shelters over the holidays.
- Our 5th grade students and families made 103 blankets and donated them to a charity providing comfort for the homeless.
- Our Kindergarten students made special crayons for Texas Children's Hospital and decorated holiday bags for Kids Meal Inc. so the underprivileged children receiving food over the holidays would get them in a special bag.
- Our 4th Grade students hosted, "Hats off for Seniors" collecting socks, hats and blankets for our GrandPals at The Broadmoore.
THANK YOU CFES Community for always serving with your hands and hearts!
Click Here to Access TISD Student Handbook information about attendance
- State attendance is taken daily at 10:00 A.M. It is important that all students are present on campus at this time.
It’s hard to believe we are already beginning the second semester this year! Everyone has done such an amazing job embracing Great Expectations. We have a climate of mutual respect and high expectations. Together, we build self-esteem and insure that all children can learn. In January, our life principles will focus on honesty, compassion, self-discipline, and curiosity. We can’t wait to see how CFES rises with such integrity!
Our students continue to lead us through Call to Greatness each morning. This nine week we will continue to teach and model the 8 expectations. In addition, we will be implementing door greeters in classrooms, teaching life principles and expanding student vocabulary.
2/1- U.I.L. Competition
2/3- 100th Day of School
2/5 - Picture Day ( Class photos and Spring Individual photos)
2/5- January and February Birthday Book Club in the library
2/6 - Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A (4:00-8:00)
2/7- Creekfest kick off
2/7- Wear Red Day
2/11- PTO Meeting (9:30)
2/12- 3rd Grade Field Trip
2/13- Student Valentine Parties
2/14 - Student Holiday
2/17- Student Holiday
2/21- Creekfest Fun Run (during school day)
2/21- Creekfest Festival
2/22- Destination Imagination Team Competitions
2/25- Spirit Night at Republic Grill
2/28- Go Texan Day