By: Kimberly Allen
- Well Developed by middle childhood.
- Awareness of midrange sounds.
- At 11, Children have auditory awareness.
- Ear infections can be health problem.
- Eustachian tube has changed position.
- Change prevents bacteria and fluids reaching ear.
- At 6, children can begin to read.
- See object w/ both eyes at same time.
- Ability to focus improves.
- Many preschoolers are "Farsighted"
- Close up vision improves during middle age.
- Throughout middle childhood, Nearsighted is more common.
- 25% of children need their vision corrected.
- Vision should be checked regularly.
- During middle childhood, children loose primary teeth.
- First teeth to fall out are Central incisors.
- At 12, all 20 primary teeth will be replaced.
- Primary teeth are replaced with permanent teeth.
- at first, permanent teeth are not straight.
- Gradually the facial bone grows.
- When the facial bone grows, teeth align.
- Tooth loss can have psychological effect.
- Tooth decay can happen.
- Regular dentist check up.
- Common problem for middle childhood kids.
- Obese- 20% more than others.
- Effects 25% of school kids.
- Impact emotional health.
- Obese kids often made fun of.
- Lack self esteem.
- Over weight parents leads to over weight kids.
- Environment can be a contributing factor.
- Kids overeat because of family stress.
- Non-Physical activities.
- High blood pressure.
- Heart disease.
- Both parents AND children have to change.
- Encouraged to exercise!!
- Overcome emotional pronlems.