Career Exploration-Hospitalty Class
Monday and Fridays Computer Lab
Are you a junior senior looking for a job?
This class is for you! Hospitality is a course designed to introduce the student to the various aspects of Hospitality industry. It is currently estimated that 30% of all the jobs in the state of California are available in the hospitality and food service workplaces therefore emphasis is placed on meeting the needs for the growing number of resources and services in the local area. This class is designed to give the student basic skills needed to acquire an entry level job in lodging, recreation, travel event planning and theme park/ exhibition occupations
Monday and Fridays 12:20- 2:45
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand organization, management and department operations for the Hospitality, Recreation & Tourism Industry.
- Be prepared to advance in their hospitality career by understanding foundational information about the hospitality industry
- Identify and successfully pursue career and educational opportunities in the Hospitality, Recreation & Tourism Industry.
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership and etiquette skills.
- Understand and perform basic hospitality services.
- Abide by appropriate and required safety, sanitation and emergency procedures