Week 9, Term 3, 2022
Tauranga Primary School Pānui
Feature Newsletter Sponsor
Translate function avaliable for our newsletters:
Tumuaki Pānui | Principal's Newsletter
Tēnā koutou katoa
Ngā mihi nui, kia koutou katoa - Warm greetings to you all.
This week we are starting preparation for two major upgrade projects.
- We are repairing and resealing our school pool in preparation for the summer swimming season. The pool has been emptied this week, and you will notice scaffolding and an all-weather wrap installed in the next few days. This project should be completed early Term 4.
- The upgrade of the Year 2 toilets. Fencing to isolate this area will be installed this week and work will commence next week. This project will take approximately 4 - 5 weeks.
2022 TPS Parent Survey
We are very interested in parent feedback about our current programmes, what you see as the strengths of the school and ways we could improve. At this stage, we have 87 responses (26% of school families). For the data to give us a good insight into parents' thoughts and ideas we aim for at least 30% of parents to respond.
Please complete this survey monkey to share your thoughts with us.
The ballot for Term 1 2023 enrolments will take place on Friday of Week 1 in Term 4, 21 October 2022. If you have a four-year-old who will join us next year, please complete an enrolment form ASAP, especially if they are due to start in Term 1 and you are living out of zone. If you miss a ballot date you will need to wait until the next ballot to be considered for enrolment. TPS enrolment forms are available from the school office or our school website.
Equally so if you are planning to move or leave TPS in 2023, we would appreciate you notifying us. With people leaving we may be able to offer more spaces in year levels other than New Entrants in 2023.
In Week 10 of this term, 28th September, 3:30pm - 6:00pm and the 29th of September, 8:00am - 7:00pm, parents are invited into school for Learning Conferences. The conference is a very important part of the learning cycle. It is a time to reflect with the teachers (and students) about learning achievements, as well as goal setting and planning for learning in Term 4. Prior to the Learning Conference, a report will be emailed home, this report will be the second report for the year. The third report which includes the final curriculum judgements in the core learning areas of Reading, Writing and Mathematics, will be sent home late in Term 4.
If you are yet to book your learning conference time please go to the link below and use the event code
EVENT CODE: wxsjb
We ask that, where possible, all TPS children do not attend school on Thursday 29th September, unless attending their Learning Conference with you.
However, if your child/ren will be attending school, please register your child on our School Shop: https://www.tauranga.school.nz/school-shop
Click on Learning Conference, and answer three questions to register your child, so that we know that they need to be supervised on this day. Each child needs to be registered individually.
A very warm welcome to Kobe Sula, and Pahulpreet Singh. It's great to have you and your family join our TPS team.
Thank you for your ongoing support of our school.
He waka eke noa
We are all in this together
Ngā mihi maioha
Te Wiki o te reo Māori
Last week at Tauranga Primary we celebrated Te Wiki o te Reo Māori. Our kaiako and tamariki (teachers and children ) participated in a number of wero (challenges) throughout the week. One of our fun art activities was Māori chalk art. We had some tino pai artwork from our junior side and senior side. A big thank you to Baywave and Cinema 8 for the tickets they donated for prizes for the children.
PhotoLife has been in contact with us to let us know that due to a high volume of staff illnesses they are behind in the production of all school photos. They will endeavour to get photos back to us as soon as they possibly can. They ask for a little patience and apologise for the delays.
At this time, it is likely that our photos will not be fully processed and back to Tauranga Primary until early term 4
Disco - Dress up Day
We were disappointed to cancel the school wide disco. Instead we have organised an event that we hope the children will enjoy!
Poseidon's Tale of the Deep Blue Sea
School Production - Years 2-6
‘Poseidon’s Tale of the Deep Blue Sea’ will be presented on Wednesday, November 16th and Thursday, November 17 at the Bethlehem Performing Arts Centre. This highly anticipated event will commence at 6:30pm and is one not to be missed.
Tickets will be sold in Term 4.
Sponsorship packages are available; your business can partner with us to help create an amazing production. The information is attached below as a PDF.
Students have auditioned for the main characters and those students selected for main roles are learning their lines now. The school has started learning the production songs this term.
Next term we will learn the dances and minor roles will be allocated for each class. Please note that only classes in Years 2-6 are in the production.
- Week 6-10 - BHD Dental Van onsite
- 26th September - Chinese Language Week
- 26th September- School closed, Queen Elizabeth 11 Memorial Day
- 28th September - Learning conferences 3:30pm - 6:00pm
- 29th September - Learning conferences 8:00am - 7:00pm
- 30th September - DRESS UP DAY and DISCO.
- 30th September - Last day of term, school finishes at usual times.
- 17th October - 1st day of term 4
- 24th - 28th October - Diwali
- 16th November - School Production, 6:30pm, Bethlehem Performing Arts Centre
- 17th November - School Production, Matinee (time to be confirmed) and 6:30pm, Bethlehem Performing Arts Centre
- 22nd November - Year 6 Orientation Day Tauranga Intermediate
- 23rd November - Year 2 Transition parent meeting in staff room, 2:00pm
- 25th November- Year 0/1 show, in school hall, 11:45pm - more information to follow
- 30th November - Junior Athletics - more information to follow
- 7th - 9th December - Year 6 Camp - Totara Springs
- 8th December - Middle school end of year picnic - more information to follow
- 12th December - Final assembly and prize giving - more information to follow
- 12th December - Year 6 Social Dance - more information to follow
- 13th December - Leavers Assembly - more information to follow
- 13th December - Students meet their 2023 teacher, 2:15pm
- 15th December - Term 4 ends, 12:00pm
Our Newsletter Sponsors
Please support these businesses that support us:
Tauranga Primary School shares community notices but this should not be viewed as an endorsement.
Gobsmacked Outreach Performing Arts Holiday Programme
'The Final Empire'.
Gobsmacked is also running a performing arts holiday programme that's only $15 a day (an outreach to the community) in the next holiday 'THE FINAL EMPIRE' on October 3 & 4 for kids aged 6 - 15 years. Josiah our very own music producer will be a part of this holiday programme too. To sign up for our holiday programme with children from all over the Bay of Plenty joining us, please go to our website - www.gobsmacked.nz and watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1db1htuZaM for more information.
Junior Team Leader
Middle Team Leader
Senior Team Leader
International Student enquiries