INTRODUCTION TO SOCRATIVE
What is Socrative
Socrative lets teachers engage and assess their students with teacher-paced or student-paced activities.
- Realtime, teacher-paced questioning can offer teachers a quick look at student understanding and progress.
- Student-paced quizzes can offer a quiz or test that is instantly graded.
Will I need a lot of time to use this tool?
- Teachers can launch a quiz without typing in questions. This would be ideal for a quick survey or formative assessment.
- Creating an actual quiz or test does not take long. Socrative is straight-forward and user-friendly.
- You can import quizzes from an excel spreadsheet. (These may be from previous programs.)
- I recently created a 10 question assessment in less than 5 minutes.
What are other educators saying about Socrative?
Why Socrative is Awesome
Ways Other Teachers are Using Socrative
- Space Race Review Game
- Warm Up
- Teach for Ten Minutes and give 5 minute Formative Assessment (3 times in a period)
- Exit Ticket
- Summative Assessment (40 Question Unit Assessment)
- Semester Final (80 Question Assessment)
- Survey of Thought Followed by a Vote with the class to find common answer/opinion
- Quick Check during class with three questions or less
- Quick Question session with the Pivot Inspect questions (side by side tabs)
- Data Tracking for progress monitoring (RISE)
Create a Socrative Account
Create Socrative Account
Change Your Room Name
Socrative - Changing Room Name
Start a Quick Question Session
Socrative Quick Question
Import Quiz and Create Quiz
Socrative Create and Import Quiz
Socrative Space Race
Student Login Process
Socrative Student Login
Create an assessment
Create a Socrative assessment and implement in your class for Maria to observe.
- Email Maria to schedule a time for Maria to join you in class.
- The assessment may be formative or summative according to your needs.
- Be sure to mark the correct answers.