NCASCD Twitter Chats
What is a Twitter Chat?
During a twitter chat multiple people tweet about the same topic using a specific hashtag (#NCASCD for example). That hashtag can be followed by anyone on Twitter. And these chats are scheduled for specific times.
The format is often:
- Questions (Q1, Q2, etc.)
- Answers (A1, A2, etc.)
Why would I participate?
Twitter Chats are a great way to connect with other educators. They are usually scheduled for late evenings or early weekend mornings. Imagine expanding your PLN and participating in professional learning from the comfort of your couch wearing your favorite PJs!
How do I participate?
- Create a Twitter account.
- Search for the hashtag at the scheduled time. (Be sure to show all tweets under "More Options" to see the whole conversation).
- Or use a tool like TweetChat, TweetDeck or HootSuite to easily follow all tweets with that hashtag.
- Respond to questions using A1, A2, etc. Be sure to include the hashtag so everyone participating can see your response.
- Retweet or like responses you want to share or support.
Here is a guide with more detail for those who are new to Twitter.