EAGLES Spirit Kick Off Week
September 19-23, 2016
We are EAGLE Proud!
YOU are invited to help us kick off our school wide character education program by being a part of Spirit Week activities each day next week. EAGLE pride...we show it all day, every day. This year we want to spotlight all the wonderful students and staff who show their EAGLE pride throughout the year!
- Monday, 9-19: School Spirit Day. Have a HEART and get inspiRED to be kind to others. Wear RED or Erwin spirit wear to show your EAGLE pride. Each classroom will participate in school wide activities and stories related to E-Encouraging Others.
- Tuesday, 9-20: Mismatched Day. Wear mismatched socks or shoes or both! Think about what it might feel like to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. THINK BEFORE YOU ACT!!
- Wednesday, 9-21: Backwards Day-Wear Everything Backwards! Remember you CAN'T GO BACKWARDS in time. Be careful what you say-you can't take it back.
- Thursday, 9-22: Mix it up at lunch. (grades 2-5) . Eat lunch with a new friend from a "buddy" classroom. Conversation Starters will be on tables in the café.
- Friday, 9-23: Dream of Kindness Day. Wear your pajamas to school and think about a world where people are kind to one another.
EAGLES exemplars shout out board
Each month, classrooms from grade levels will be spotlighted for doing an exemplar job at the monthly focus. September and October's focus is E-Encourage Others.
Ms. Miles 4th grade Peace Area
Every Erwin classroom has an area where students can go to resolve conflict peacefully.
Ms. S. Brown's primary Peace Area
Even our youngest friends learn how to solve problems without violence.