The Esperanza Way
Shout out to Saul for starting his groups!
Shout out to Mrs. Mitchell for starting her newcomer groups!
Shout our to Mili for making sure all of the orders are filled quickly!
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Committee meeting in C4 from 3:00 to 4:00
PD from 2:30-3:30
Grade level collaboration 3:30-4:00
Grade level PLCs 3:00-4:00
- Farmer's market order form
- When you need to put in a work order please use the log in the office (next to the supply log) to ensure the work order is placed in a timely manner.
- Esperanza Reading Challenge 100,000,000 Please make sure students are reading and taking AR quizzes every day!
- Teachers, please let Mrs. Vaca know if you have a few room parents to nominate. Also, give her some ideas of what you might like the parents to help you with. We will host monthly meetings with parents to train them on what you have identified as wanting them to help with.
Oct. 1: Saturday Morning of Mathematics (Elementary)
Elementary teachers will do math together and gain a deeper understanding of the Common Core mathematics content in the current/upcoming unit at your grade level!
Contact Robin Lovell, Elementary Mathematics Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to attend the training which will be held at Esperanza please sign up using our on track system On-Track.
ASSESSMENT CALENDAR: Please make sure you are referencing the calendar to understand what is due and when.
- 9-22 grade level PLC time 3:00-4:00
- first faculty meeting 9-19 All teachers are required to attend
- committee meeting 9-20 all teachers except the union rep (because this is their committee) are required to attend.
- ELAC meeting 9-30 at 8:30
- Big Smile Dental Program 9-20
- Palabras training 9-27 @ Esperanza
- Picture Day 9-29
Esperanza Vision and Mission
Students engage in rigorous, high quality, biliterate academics which prepare them for college and career. Esperanza students and families take responsibility for their learning which allows them to be academically strong in two languages. With a growth mindset, they are unique individuals, who critically think and are determined to succeed. Students show respect for themselves, others and the environment.
Through PLC’s teacher are able to plan for mindful and purposeful instruction. Teachers collaborate to implement rigorous instruction, that meets the needs of all students. Teachers engage in peer observations to receive and give constructive feedback. Teachers use data to drive instruction and make clear plans for corrective instruction. We engage the family and community in quarterly meetings to review growth and set goals.