Raroa's Environment Expo week!
Monday 18th - Friday 22nd November
THIS IS AN INVITATION FOR YOU TO COME TO OUR EXPO EVENT
The school wide focus commences with the Environment Immersion/ Hook week or Expo week. It involves many contexts:
Conservation; Sustainability; Ecosystems; Biodiversity; Pollution -recycle, reuse, reclaim, Climate Change, Human Impact; Endangered Species Native plant and animal life; Water issues et al.
To promote authentic learning in our school and to make connections with the outside world, we are pleased that the following Stake Holders have agreed to be a part of the event. They will display their resources alongside our Action Stations.
- Meridian Energy - Mini Wind Turbine and Solar Panel
- Sustainability Trust
- Capacity - Aquarius display
- Sustainable Coastlines - Container
- NZ Hygiene - Biodegradable products
- MyMojo - Biodegradable Stationery
- Emergency Compost Toilets
- Commonsense Organics - Food
- FutureInTech - Science Career pathways
- Goodnature - Science Researchers
- Lindsays Apiaries Johnsonville - Bee Keeper
- Forest & Bird
- Department of Conservation
- Ignot Metals Porirua
- WWF Organisation NZ
- Island Bay/ Taputeranga Marine Reserve
Our aim is to encourage our students to problem solve and to come up with innovative solutions to environmental issues.