Learning Targets and Success Criteria
Defining Learning Targets
- Standards-based & rigorous
- Can be used in a many categories or contexts
- Accessible by all students
- Measurable & concrete
- Specific and precise to the learning goal
Purpose: 5D+ Connection
- Reflect on their own learning.
- Assess their growth.
- Will know what questions to ask.
- Have a clear understanding of why they should know.
- Can make better instructional choices.
- Can gauge student master.
- Have an instant formative assessment tool.
- Distills the curriculum into manageable chunks.
Brookhart, Susan, and Connie Moss. "Knowing Your Learning Target." Educational Leadership. 68.6 (2011): 66-69.
Something to ponder...
Do I/we have instant formative assessment tools?
Remember...Purpose connects so well to our 1st PLC question.
What do we want students to know?