Wellsville Elementary Polar Bears
21-22 Weekly Update
4/21-2nd Grade Visit to Bible Release Program if desired
4/22-All in this together, wear your WE are Family Tshirt
4/29-PTO Family Night Out
Profile of a Graduate
8 C's = Creativity, Communication, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Contributing, Courageous, Competent, Conscientious
School begins at 9 AM, doors open at 8:45 a.m.
School ends at 3:40 PM
Daily attendance expected
Written excuse (email, voicemail or paper copy) is due within 3 days of absence.
Appointment for early dismissal?
Notify school office/secretary; Check in at office; Your student will meet you in the office
Options to Report Absence
WES extension = 5556
HAPPY NATIONAL VOLUNTEER WEEK!
Thank you for your endless dedication and support of our school community! Without you, WE would not be possible! Your donations, time, and planning do not go unnoticed and are appreciated beyond measure by our staff and kiddos!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Your WES Family
Spring Time Weather...need coats still
Message from WES PTO
Let’s recognize the amazing teachers and staff we have at WES!
Please share what you love about your teacher and/or staff members and the PTO will post them around the school the week of May 2nd. Each note will be printed on a purple heart and hung on the walls. Please use the google form below or use the form that was sent home with your child. We would love to fill our walls! Don’t forget your favorite Aid, Bus Driver, Custodian, Lunch Person anyone that works at WES!
Each teacher or staff will be given a list of each and every message that is sent.
Thank you for helping to make teacher appreciation week special for all WES teachers and staff!
Spring Field Trips are being planned...
04/25: PSSA Testing Window Begins
Parents/Guardians of students in Grades 3, 4, 5 will receive information related to the PSSAs on March 28.
On Feb 01, 2022, our District opens registration for incoming 2022 Kindergarten Students. Have a student or know a family who will need to register? Please refer to these resources.
Effective December 1, NYCSD Substitute Teacher Rate Increased to $150/day!
Community, Sports and Summer Opportunities can be found at this landing page for NYCSD flyers and events.
LADY BEARS BASKETBALL SKILLS SUMMER CAMP
The annual Lady Bears Summer Skills Camp is open for registration.
This camp invites girls in rising grades GR1 through 12 to participate. This year's Kindergarten students are eligible.
- Location: Northern Elementary and Northern High School
- Dates: June 20- 23
- Registration Form located below
- Please contact Coach Clendaniel via email@example.com with any questions.
WES Positive School Wide Behavior System
2021-2022 WEIS 4 School Fundraising
Whitney Horn and Jillian Roof, Co-Presidents
Lindsay Pietropola, Current Vice President
Brianna Smith, Elected 22-23 Vice President
Jena Inscoe, Secretary
Treasurer, Haley Book
PTO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: @WellsvilleElementaryPTO
Need any ideas for your child's teachers? Check out the favorite things list that PTO put together.
Click here to review the updates to the Northern York County SD's health and safety plan.
HEALTH AND SAFETY UPDATES
- Classroom carpet areas will be used for instruction and collaboration.
- Desks arrangements may be shifted for group work.
- Water fountains will be accessible.
- Masks no longer required for close contacts in school.
- Contact tracing no longer required.
Note: food and snacks from home are still not permitted.
Mask Mandate on Transportation-lifted
Effective immediately for the Northern York County School District, students and staff are no longer required to wear masks on school buses or vans. This change is aligned with new guidance from the CDC. Individuals may still choose to wear a mask at any time, based on personal preference. We will continue to monitor guidelines from the CDC and update our pandemic response as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding throughout the pandemic.
Masking Order Lifted
The PA Supreme Court issued an Order today regarding the masking mandate. The Order (1) affirms the decision of the Commonwealth Court which held that the Acting Secretary’s statewide masking order was void and (2) vacates the automatic stay that the Supreme Court imposed.
The effect of the Order is that, effective immediately, the statewide masking order of the Acting Secretary is no longer in effect, and the mask issue reverts back to the Health and Safety Plan that was last approved by the Board. We do not know what action the Governor will take as a result of this decision. He may do nothing, he may invoke his emergency powers for 21 days, or he may proceed to adopt a masking order through the regulatory process.
In the meantime, as of this moment, unless the Governor takes further action, we anticipate the mask-optional Health and Safety Plan is in effect in our schools on Monday. Students, staff, and visitors may wear masks but are not required to do so. We will provide more details as we learn them.
Bus Safety Reminders
- Students were reminded of bus expectations including:
- Back and bottom on seat
- Facing forward (body out of aisle)
- Body next to window if seated alone
- Quiet (inside) voice with seat mate
- Hands and feet to self
- Stay seated until vehicle comes to a complete stop
- No seat changes
- No eating, drinking or toys on the bus
- Listen to driver
The Transportation Handbook additionally outlines student expectations and the steps we take to support a safe environment on the bus.
Polar Cares Support
Polar Cares is a clothing closet to be used by NYCSD families. Polar Cares is organized and kept up by the Kiwanis Club of Dillsburg and members of the NYCSD staff. There is clothing and shoes for infants through adults, along with underwear and socks in the closet. We also have a toiletries closet and cleaning supplies as well.
There are 3 ways families can visit the Polar Cares Closet.
- Make an appointment through the polar cares email (email@example.com)
- The School counselors can take families through (Mrs. Martire @ WES)
- Monthly Polar Cares events that will begin in October
Birthdays are a special time, and our classroom teachers recognize them to celebrate our WES kiddos. Unfortunately, we are not accepting food treats for birthdays due to the current times. If you desire to send a treat for your child's class for their birthday, you can send a tangible item. A tangible item is not necessary; however, it is an alternative to a birthday food treat. Some ideas are:
Quick Links to Help Support Your Needs
1. Wish to see your child's report card and other important documents? Create and sign into the Sapphire Parent Community Portal Account. This is different than the account used for registration.
2. Wish for your child to have access to his/her school device? Verify the required NYCSD forms after creating or signing into your account.
3. Wish to assist our teachers and students as a volunteer this year? Fill out the volunteer form and complete the required clearances.
4. Wish to stay connected with WES? Follow us @WESpolarbears on Twitter! Make sure to sign up for SeeSaw to see what your child is doing in their classes. Also, make sure your sapphire information is up to date so you can get school notifications and our weekly newsletter.