A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of April 30, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- GT Testing for 1st Grade on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (Lab Closed Each Day until 11:00 am)
- Math DBA (Gr 1-2) All Week
- Kindergarten Field Trip on Tuesday, May 1
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, May 2 (Book Tasting Follow Up)
- Progress Report Grades due Friday, May 4
- Reading PLCs on Friday, May 4
- Waco ISD Mayborn Museum Family Event on Saturday, May 5 from 9:00 am to Noon (Free Admission!)
Coming Up: CDMC on Tuesday, May 8, STAAR Training on Wednesday, May 9, STAAR Tests on May 14-16
From Your Captain
Make sure that you are moving around and actively monitoring during your duty assignments and be on time! If you aren't going to be there or are running late, please let Mrs. Logan know and make arrangements with a teammate to cover your duty.
The 3 Cs'
We haven't talked about one of the C's in a few weeks...CONNECTED! Don't forget that we have to connect with students to help them be successful. Sometimes, especially when we are tired, that's hard to do!
Here's a great blog about enjoying students: http://www.davidgeurin.com/2018/04/simple-advice-enjoy-kids.html
Math Professional Development
- Math Academy (Gr K-1): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=141149 OR https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=141152
- Math Academy (Gr 2): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=141154
- Building Number Sense Through Routines (K-2): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=144876
- Math + Science = True Learning (Gr K-2): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=145019
- Math Centers & Stations (K-2): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=145021
- Number Talks (Gr 3-5): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=145010
- Math Academy (Gr 3-presented by Mr. A!): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=145010 OR https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=141156
- Number Lines (Gr 3-5): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=145059
- Strip Diagrams (Gr 3-5): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=145080
- Math Centers & Stations (3-5): https://txr12.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=145052
TTESS Summative Information
SIGN UP FOR TTESS SUMMATIVE HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wmhdws8vKb-5tnW2pMiuVvOZjPt81Ldqv6TVr1jJ6Yc/edit?usp=sharing
TTESS Time! Your TTESS Appraiser will be emailing you to schedule the conference. Here is what you need to be working on before then:
- Upload and document evidence towards the completion of your 2 goals in Eduphoria Strive
- Complete "Part II: Goal Reflection" AND "Professional Development Plan" in the "Goal Setting & Professional Development" form in Eduphoria Strive. As you think about goals for next year, plan to tie at least one goal to the Waco ISD Super 7 Expectations.
- Gather evidence to support your performance in Domain 4 of TTESS (Professional Demeanor & Ethics; Goal Setting; Professional Development; School Community Involvement) **See example that Ms. Mattoon put together for a good idea of what we are looking for.
- Print out your student achievement data to discuss (District scores, Rigby, Istation, Education Galaxy, Smarty Ants/Achieve3000, or other documentation)
- Schedule time for your End of Year Conference (Logan/Helton will email you)
Steps 1-4 are to be completed by Sunday, April 22. End of Year Conferences will begin immediately on April 23. Once the End of Year Conference is complete, your TTESS Appraiser will release your Summative Annual Appraisal on Eduphoria for you to sign (on paper and electronically).
**Please review the forms below as you prepare for your End of Year Conference.