Are You Eating Too Much?
Did You Know?
- Bulimia Nervosa is a disease where you binge eat and then purge it
- binge eating means that you eat too much in a short period of time
- usually contains junk food and sometimes is done in private
- a survey of 496 adolescent girls reported that more than 12 percent experienced some form of eating disorder by the time they were 20.
- Britney Spears had Bulimia Nervosa
- Tooth enamel erosion, gum infections, cavities, and tooth discoloration (caused by stomach acids from frequent vomiting)
- feeling depressed, anxious or guilty
- Basing your self-esteem and value upon your body shape and weight.
- Eats lots of food in a short time (binge eating, then purges by forcing themselves to throw up, doing lots of exercise, or taking laxatives
- Gastrointestinal upset