By: Brenna Lykins
Taylor was born December 13, 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania. Taylor spent her early years on her family's Christmas tree farm in near by Wyomissing. Her grandmother had been a professional opera singer, and Taylor soon followed in her footsteps. By age 10, Taylor had been singing at a variety of local events, including fairs and contests. She sang "The Star Spangled Banner" at a Philadelphia 76ers game at the age of 11 and began writing her own songs and learning guitar at age 12.
Taylor Swift (Age 11) - Star Spangled Banner
Here is Taylor Swift singing "The Star Spangled Banner" at a Philadelphia 76ers age 11.
To pursue her music career, she often visited Nashville, Tennessee, The country music capital. There she co-wrote songs and tried to land a recording contract. Noting her dedication, Taylor and her family moved to nearby Hendersonville, Tennessee, in attempt to further her music careers. A stellar performance at The Bluebird Café in Nashville helped Swift get a contract with Scott Borchetta's Big Machine Records. She released her first single, "Tim McGraw," in 2006, and the song became a Top 10 hit on the country charts. It also appeared on her self-titled debut album in October of that same year, selling more than 2.5 million copies. More popular singles soon followed, including "Our Song," a No. 1 country music hit. "Teardrops on My Guitar," "Picture to Burn" and "Should've Said No" were also successful tracks.
Taylor's Life Obstacles
- Taylor Swift's greatest obstacle to over come is being rejected by record labels.
- She dealt with a lot of bullying in middle school because of her naturally curly hair, and the fact that she lived in Pennsylvania and wanted to be a country singer made her an outcast among her peers.
At the age of 24, American singer-songwriter and actress Taylor Swift has been nominated for 423 awards. The talented singer songwriter won 227 of them. To date, Taylor has received 7 Grammy Awards, 15 American Music Awards, 7 Academy of Country Music Awards, 11 Country Music Association Awards and 12 Billboard Music Awards.
- Taylor Swift became the first female solo artist to have 3 albums sell more than 1 million copies in the first week.
Taylor's music have impacted how we listen to music
Since 2009 to 2013, Taylor Swift has won continuously the Songwriter/Artist of The Year by the Nashville Songwriters Association International
Altogether, Taylor Swift has been nominated for 423 awards. The talented singer songwriter won 227 of them.
10 facts About Taylor Swift
- Unless she's had lasik eye surgery, Taylor Swift must wear contact lenses, because as of just a few years ago, she was nearly blind
- The thought of a real tattoo actually terrifies her.
- She lend her voice in the animated film The Lorax a 2012 film playing the role of Audrey
- Her lead single "Love Story" released in 2008 became the 2nd best selling country single of all time
- Taylor is the youngest artist in history to win a Grammy Award for Album of the year in 2010. She was only 20 years old at that time.
- The first song that she ever wrote was "Lucky You"
- If she likes a boy, she won't tell him face to face. Instead she will write a song about him
- Her single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" released in August 2012 became Swift's first no.1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Taylor is the top selling digital artist in history
- Taylor is the first country singer to win an MTV Video Music Award. Her video "You Belong with Me" won the Best Female Video award in 2009
Quintos,Brandi. What challenges did Taylor Swift Overcome in her life.web. http://www.answers.com/Q/What_kind_of_challenges_did_Taylor_swift_overcome_in_her_life