October 12, 2015
- October 12-16: Book Fair Open for Purchase
- October 12: End of Grading Period
- October 13: 4th Grade & 2nd Grade Field Trips
- October 13: Spell Check Live @ Lanier Tech 5:30pm
- October 14: Grade Levels Meet during planning with Dr. Price to discuss science curriculum
- October 14: IST/Data Team Meetings
- October 16: All grades must be entered before leaving-see Darlene for missing grades reports
- October 20: Fall Picture Make-ups
- October 21-22: Parent Conferences (early release days) specials & lunch schedules linked*
- October 22: Report Card distribution
- October 23: District Collaboration Day-info will be sent out later
- October 23-30: Red Ribbon Week
- October 28: IST/Data Team Meetings
- October 30: Midway Fun Run
- October 30: Kona Ice Day
- November 4: Lesson Plan Template for Mini GAPSS due
- November 11: Mini GAPSS
*schedules are a Google Doc, so when you click on the link, it might ask you to log in to itslearning-make sure you aren't logged into your personal Gmail account :)
Midway Fun Run
1. Plan to attend the Teacher Meeting on Tuesday, October 20 @ 3:30.
2. There won't be specials on Wednesday, October 21st. Instead, your class will attend a Pep Rally. 9:00-9:40 is K, 1, and 2. 10:00-10:40 is 3, 4, and 5.
3. Your class will attend daily huddles for 15 minutes the week of October 26-29. Final schedule will be sent later.
The purpose of the mini GAPSS is to get a quick glimpse at our school and to see how we have grown since the original review. The team will be observing classrooms for 15 minute segments, conducting interviews, and visiting digital materials on itslearning. To create familiarity between classrooms, we are we are asking you to fill out this lesson plan template to have available for our guests when they visit your classroom. This template is a Google Doc, so when you click on the link, it should ask you to log in to itslearning, which then talks to Google, and will open the template. You can save it to your own Google Drive so you can edit it. We will be collecting these by November 4th so we can prepare the folders for our visitors.
More details will be shared as the date gets closer, but wanted to give you a heads-up on this now. PLT was also emailed this file with the minutes from the October 5th meeting.
Digital Discovery: October 24 @ PGMS
Registration for Digital Discovery, an information-packed, idea-generating FREE event, is now open. Digital Discovery is an ideal opportunity for educators at the elementary and middle school levels to network, learn, grow, and share their passion for teaching and learning with technology. This unique half-day professional development will feature breakout sessions led by Forsyth County teachers that highlight the best instructional technology tools and strategies in today’s classrooms. Based on the five attributes of the Learner Profile, each session is designed for educators to gain new techniques, sharpen their skills, and learn from innovative practitioners. Click here for more information and registration details.