Lancer Family News 11/29 - 12/10
Stay updated to the Lancer News!
12/1 - Late Start Schedule
12/3 - Winter Holiday Concert at 6:00 PM. Enjoy some hot chocolate and festive music.
12/4 - City of Norwalk Tree Lighting featuring our NHS Band
12/7-12-9 - Study & Snacks - Final Exam Study Hall hosted by Link Crew
12/8 - Winter Festival - Club Lunch Fair
12/9 - 8th grade Family Night (in person - see below)
12/10 - Alumni Day
12/10 - Stuff-a-Bus
12/13 - Virtual 8th grade meeting (see below)
12/15 - Virtual 8th grade meeting (see below)
12/15 - Final Exams (0,1,3,5,7)
12/16 - Final Exams (0,2,4,6,7)
12/16 - Medical Academy Alumni Day (Science Area)
12/16 - END OF 1st semester
12/17 - STUDENT FREE DAY
12/17-1/2/22 - Winter Break
12/1-12/4 - NHS/JGHS Basketball Tournament
12/6 - Boys Basketball Bellflower Tournament
12/8 - Boys and Girls Wrestling vs. JGHS
Blood Drive Success!
It was a busy day last November and our NHS blood drive was the most successful blood drive since 2015.
Our community collected 152 pints of blood! The hospital shared that there is currently a severe shortage of blood and were VERY gracious to our campus, our students, and our community!
Water Bottle Giveaway
All students who did not earn one will be eligible to earn one during a secondary attendance drive open only to students who did not earn one the first time. More information to come in January!
8th grade Family Night
8th grade Virtual Meet & Greet
The Voice - November 2021
Senior Graduation Packages
City of Norwalk Tree Lighting - featuring the Lancer Band
Parent Leadership Team Meeting
Angel Tree & Stuff-A-Bus
4th period teacher were given the opportunity to participate in Angel Tree with the city of Norwalk. ASB will collect your wrapped gifts on Friday, December 3rd. Please find out if your teacher is participating. If you'd like to donate to the city, feel free to drop off any items to the front office or to Room 555.
It is a multi tradition for Norwalk High School to host our STuff-A-Bus event and this year's event will be at lunch on Friday, 12/10! We ask all families are who financially able to donate an unwrapped toy to help us literally STUFF A BUS. This event is in collaboration with the City of Norwalk and Transportation services. All toys collected will support families who live in the city of Norwalk.
ISing! Please support the vocal department at NHS! Give that sweet tooth of yours something to enjoy this holiday season!
IMPORTANT REMINDER: STUDENT SYMPTOM DECISION TREE AND RETURN-TO-SCHOOL PROCEDURES
Thank you for your commitment to our safety measures throughout the pandemic. As we continue to implement systems for safety and in close alignment with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, the District COVID-19 Compliance Team has developed a new protocol to follow when students are ill with possible COVID-19 symptoms. Please review the NLMUSD Student Symptom Decision Tree and Return-to-School Guidance documents by clicking this link.
Here are some highlights:
- Effective this Monday, November 1, 2021, students who have one (1) or more “Group A” symptoms or two (2) or more “Group B” symptoms must stay home or be sent home (if already at school). Note: Group A symptoms have been determined by health experts to be most prevalent among children who have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Parents/guardians will need to select one of the following options before their student can return to school:
- Take student to a medical provider
- If the doctor confirms symptoms are unrelated to COVID-19, student can return to school within 10 days with a doctor’s note/clearance.
- If negative, student can return within the 10-day isolation period.
- If positive, student must stay home and isolate for at least 10 days.
- A COVID-19 test or a doctor’s note are not required to return on Day 11 or after.
- Lancer Study Center is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursday from 3:15-4:30pm. More information is available on Schoology in the 'Class of' groups
- Tutor.com- get 1:1 support in a secure online classroom in over 50 subjects. Just have your student log in to their NLMUSD Schoology account, click on the App icon and select Tutor.com to allow your student to get academic support anytime, 24/7, with a live expert tutor
- Khan Academy: All students can access the full Khan Academy site through Clever.
You can also come to campus and ask for a PTSA envelope to be placed onto the PTSA mailbox for $10 per membership.
President- Lien Hunter
Vice President- Lydia Wackerman
Treasurer- Millie Casillas
Secretary- Paul Wackerman
Membership- Vivian Johnson
Historian- Melissa Martinez