Mustang Monthly Newsletter
Volume 3 - December 2020
Message from Administration
Here is a breakdown of when the assessments will occur- all start at 8:45am
Tuesday-December 8.... 4th Grade Reading
Thursday-December 10.... 3rd Grade Reading, 5th Grade Reading, and Math 4
Tuesday-December 15.... Math 3, Math 5, and Virginia Studies 4th
Thursday-December 17.... Science 5
We appreciate your support throughout the remainder of this semester. Here are some simple reminders:
- Please ensure your child logs into their device daily by 8:30am each morning.
- Your child may be instructed to return to meet with their teacher for small group in the afternoon, so please remind your child the importance of this session.
- Specialists (art, music, PE, and library)have worked very hard preparing lessons for students and we would appreciate students logging into sessions daily.
- Students are expected to respond to teacher questions by any means possible depending on their connectivity strength. Majority of students are able to respond to teacher questions verbally using their microphone so please stress to your child to respond and be an active participant in lessons.
- The afternoon time is an opportunity for students to work on assignments given by the teacher during instructional time. These are graded assignments and are used to determine your child's grade.
- Your child's teacher is available each afternoon to provide support to your child. They simply log back into their conference and the teacher will provide support or answer questions.
MES has been preparing for the second semester. Based on the results of the R2L survey that families filled out in early November has helped us to prepare for January.
On January 4, students will continue to learn virtually with their current teacher. Those students who are in the "special" population and are currently coming to school, they will continue to attend. The week of January 4 is still a four day week with Wednesday devoted to asynchronous learning.
Beginning the week of January 11, students whose families signed up to be in the hybrid model will report to school. Students whose families wish to remain virtually will begin with their new virtual placement that may or may not mean a new teacher. Teachers will be informing/reminding families on Wednesday, December 9 of the families choice as well as who their child's teacher will be starting January 11.
School Spirit Days
December 12 - "Tacky Sweater or Tacky Shirt Day"
December 15 - "Tree Topper Day" - wear a decorated hat or a decorated headband
December 16 - "Mad About Plaid" - wear plaid
December 17 -"Let It Snow" - wear blue and white
December 18 - "Toasty Toes" - wear holiday socks
December 19 - Wear Red or Green
Inclement Weather Information
Just a reminder, in the event of a delayed opening, breakfast will not be served on these days.
January 4 - First day back for students (Virtual + Learning)
January 11 - Hybrid and Virtual Learning Begins