April 5, 2021
In Your Kendall News...
- Transition to Full Days April 13th, including arrival/dismissal updates
- Help Wanted - Lunchroom Supervisors
- Picture Day April 9th
- IAR Testing - New Times
- Yearbook Candids
- Welcome Class of 2034 - Incoming Kindergarten
- Important Dates
- Chromebook Support
- Morning Muffins Event
- 5th Grade Photos Needed!
- 2021-2022 PTA Board Nominations
- Kendall Cookbooks are In!
- 2021 Kendall Science Fair
- Kendall PTA Membership
- Gift Card Program
Transition to Full Days April 13th
New schedule begins TUESDAY, April 13th. Please see emails from classroom teachers about when remote students will need to be on zoom. All times, including specials and lunch, will change on the 13th.
Updated Arrival/Dismissal Procedures begins TUESDAY, April 13th:
- RISE students will follow the same procedures as they do now.
- Bus Riders will exit their bus, enter through Door #2 and proceed to class. At the end of the day, bus riders will be escorted by their teacher to the main hallway, where they will wait until their bus arrives
- Bike Riders will enter at Door #11 (right next to the bick rack) and proceed to class. At the end of the day, bike riders will be escorted by their teacher to the LMC, where they will be dismissed out Door #11 at 3:00.
- Car Riders will enter at Door #5 (all grades) and proceed to class. At the end of the day, car riders will be escorted by their teacher to the Gym, where they will be seated by their car numbers, with their siblings, and be dismissed out Door #5 when their car number is called. It is critical that family car numbers be displayed clearly in the winshield or passenger window for staff.
- Walkers may enter through Door #12 (northwest corner), Door #2 (northeast corner), Door #5 (southeast corner-gym), or Door #11 (southwest corner-bike rack). At the end of the day, students will be escorted by their teacher to the LMC where they will be dismissed to exit through Door #12 (northwest cornder, Door #2 (northeast corner), Door #9 (blacktop), or Door #11 (bikerack). Please make sure your child knows which door they should exit.
Reminders for Arrival/Dismissal:
- All persons, parent or student, on school grounds during arrival and dismissal, should be wearing masks.
- All person, parent or student, should only cross Pradel Drive or Meadow Lake where we have a stationed crossing guard as established in collaboration with the Naperville Police Department. While you may feel it is safe to take your child accross, you never know if younger students might be watching and think it is safe for them to cross as well.
- While we love your furry friends, no pets are premitted in school grounds during arrival/dismissal. Please plan to wait for your child just off property. Children are unpredictable and may spook even the most well-trained pets.
- The majority of our students are considered "walkers." As a result, our carline can take up to 20 minutes on a good day. Not even Culvers or Chick-fil-a can get 300 cars through the line that fast. Please plan for this time, be patient with our little ones and other drivers, or consider walking/bike riding as a quicker option.
Help Wanted - Lunch Room Supervisors
If you are interested but unsure about working at your child's school, many other elementary schools in the district are hiring as well!
Picture Day - April 9th
Students who are attending school remotely will have the option to come to Kendall in the afternoon to have their school photo taken. Parents will walk their child to gym door #6 and pick them up at gym door #5 after their photo has been taken. All parents and students should be wearing a mask while on school grounds. Remote Students - Please sign up HERE.
Photo package purchasing fliers will be sent home with in-person students tomorrow, March 23rd. Remote students will recieve the fliers at our next materials distribution on April 5th.
UPDATED: IAR Testing - Grades 3 - 5
NOTE: The testing schedule has been updated to reflect changes due to the start of in-person instruction 5 days per week.
Please review the information below in order to prepare for our first day of testing. As all students are scheduled to test, they will not have any zooms or asynchronous work in google classroom on these days. *RISE students will not follow the schedule below. Please speak with your teacher for individualized testing schedules.
Monday, April 12th
Arrival: 8:50 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Dismissal: 11:25 p.m. - 11:35 p.m.
Monday, April 19th
Arrival: 8:50 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Dismissal: In person students will resume regular schedule after testing. Remote students can be picked up by a parent at 11:35. Any students not picked up will follow the full-day schedule and be dismissed to walk home or ride the bus home at 3:00 p.m. with in-person learners.
In-person students will make up missed sessions during regular school days.
Remote students may be contacted to schedule a make-up for missed sessions.
All students must self-certify in ParentVue no later than 8:30 a.m. on the day of testing.
Health and Safety Procedures:
All students are required to wear a mask which covers both their nose and mouth on school grounds. Students riding the bus must wear their mask for the duration of the ride. Students arriving by car should have the mask on before exiting the car. Students (and any parents) who walk to school, should wear their mask on school grounds. Students in school will maintain physical distancing requirements of 3 to 6 feet at all times.
Student Testing Materials:
- Fully charged chromebook (required)
- Headphones or earbuds (required)
- Pencil (required)
- Mask (required)
- Water Bottle (optional)
First day of School Pictures
Remote Learning with your Pets
PE at home
Patriot Spirit Days
Please submit your photos to the yearbook by emailing them to email@example.com with the Subject "Yearbook."
By emailing your photo(s), you give us permission to publish the photo in our school yearbook.
Welcome Class of 2034
Please review our Kendall Kindergarten Presentation for information about next year, including a link to let us know you are coming!
Please feel free to share this information with any neighbors you know who will have a Kindergartener next year!
Tuesday, April 6th: School Resumes - Fully Remote due to Elections
Tuesday, April 6th: PTA Science Fair Registration and Videos Due
Friday, April 9th: Picture Day (In-person in AM, Remote in PM)
Friday, April 9th: Brit’s Sweet Treats Orders due
April 12th - April 16th: PTA Morning Muffins Virtual Event
Monday, April 12th: IAR Testing Day 8:50 - 11:35
Tuesday, April 13th: Start of 9:00a.m.-3:00p.m. schedule
Thursday, April 15th: PTA Virtual Science Fair
Friday, April 16th: 5th Grade slideshow photos due
Monday, April 19th: IAR Testing Day 8:50 - 11:35remote/3:00in-person
Thursday, April 22nd: PTA Meeting including 21-22 Elections 7:00
Monday, April 26th: Virtual Kendall Chorus Concert at 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 28th: Patriot Spirit Day
Kendall PTA Points
Morning Muffins & Treats Virtual Event
Kendall PTA will be hosting the virtual Morning Muffins & Treats Event the week of April 12th, 2021. Since we are not yet able to host this annual event at Kendall, students are encouraged to share one of their mornings from home that week with their mom, guardian, grandmother, aunt, sister and/or girlfriend, etc.
This year, we have partnered with Kendall parent, Brittney Chisholm, to offer her Brit's Sweet Treats for purchase for the event. This is completely optional and you may decide to enjoy your own provided treats for the occasion. Brittney is generously donating 30% of the proceeds to Kendall PTA. We greatly appreciate her partnership and you are in for a 'treat' if you have not yet tasted what she has to offer!
We will take orders up until Friday, April 9th at http://bit.ly/MorningMuffinsOrder.
Be on the lookout for PTA provided activities for your student and their special someone to enjoy during the Morning Muffins & Treats Event. And please share your photos/experience with all of us in the Kendall Community by posting on Facebook, WhatsApp, MemberHub or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for participating!
5th Grade Photos Needed!
To celebrate the growth, learning and fun our children have had at Kendall, the Kendall PTA will be putting together a slideshow featuring every 5th grade student. Each family will receive a digital link to this slideshow.
Please email 2 pictures of your child to
1.) a kindergarten picture and
2.) a picture from 5th grade
Please send them in a jpeg format and use the subject line of“Individual Pictures- student last name, student first name”.
(Example: Individual Pictures- Potter, Harry)
We must have two pictures per student.
Additionally, we are looking to incorporate pictures of groups ofkids in this class from over the years. We need these to be fromschool based events like the Fun Run, Fall/Valentine’s Day classparties, parent/child events, field trips, field day and anything inbetween. Please understand that will not be able to includepictures from birthday parties. It would help if these group picturescould be submitted with a subject line of “Group Pictures”.
Email photos to
And any questions can be directed toChrissy Laughlin at
2021-22 Kendall PTA Board Nominations
Kendall PTA is currently accepting nominations for its 2021-22 Executive Board. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else please complete this form. We are currently accepting nominations for all board positions. (President, Vice-President, Secretary & Treasurer). If interested in co-chairing any of these positions with a friend or other, that option is available as well. Co-chairs are encouraged each year to share responsibilities and/or to shadow the current board member for a smooth succession of roles. 2021/22 will be the last year at Kendall for a couple current board members.
If there are any additional questions, please feel free to contact us: Chrissy Laughlin (email@example.com) and Shweta Hiremath (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please complete this application to the PTA Nominating Committee by Monday, April 19th. Voting will take place at the General PTA Meeting on Thursday, April 22nd.
Kendall Cookbooks have Arrived!
They are available for purchase thru the Kendall PTA MemberHub site!
Pick one up for your student to participate in the monthly cooking challenges, as a keepsake for this school year, gift to a family member or friend OR choose to donate one to a Kendall Staff Member! Each cookbook contains an extra special insert with visual sequence recipes. The Kendall PTA thanks you for participating in this fundraiser!
Kendall Science Fair- REGISTRATION ENDS TOMORROW!
The Kendall PTA would like to invite all students to participate in the Kendall Science Fair! This is a non-competitive event, so come and explore the world of science! Participants will attend the Science Fair on Thursday, April 15th via Zoom. They will be put into a small group along with judges in a breakout room. They will have 10-15 minutes to conduct their experiment or explain their project followed by judges asking few questions. This will be an interactive session.
The Zoom sessions will be as follows:
6-7 p.m. -- K-2nd Grade
7-8 p.m. – 3rd-5th Grade
Register at http://bit.ly/SF2021Registration
Please register online, and submit your videos by April 6th, 2021. Videos are only for Kendall families to watch via the Kendall newsletter.
Here is the link for some additional guidelines:
For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Kendall PTA Membership
The PTA is working hard to find ways to support our Kendall Students and Staff during this time at home. As always, we encourage families to join the PTA and support our efforts. Our membership is currently at about 15% and our goal is 100%. Help us get to 100%...your membership can make a difference! With the new 2020 online school registration, even lifelong members/supporters of the PTA have forgotten or not realized whether they have joined. Not sure if you are a member yet? Click here to check.
We Need Your Support! Purchase your membership at: https://kendall.new.memberhub.store
Gift Card Program
Enrollment code: 214FDB581L692
Download the Raise Right App, register, then enter the enrollment code provided to benefit Kendall PTA. Purchase or send eGift cards, reload gift cards, ship physical gift cards directly to you...all from your Raise Right App! The holidays may be over, but you can still purchase for other occasions (or personal use) throughout the year!
Nominate a Staff Member for the A+ Award
So many educators are going above and beyond supporting students during this time of uncertainty! If you would like to recognize your child's teacher please see the information below.
Anyone can nominate a District 204 staff member for the A+ Award. Nominations must include an essay (of 50-500 words) describing how this staff member has positively impacted students. We strongly encourage student nominations. Parent, alumni and community nominations are also welcomed.